Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly would the pectel unit do for me with the JRSC? What part of the engine management does it mess with, and who would tune it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was told that the fuel injectors will have to be beefed up from 30 LB(stock) to at least 36 LB. (search the forum for the SVT Competition car w/JRSC & Pectel. The Pectel people will sell you the unit maped for the SVT Competion Car... just under $2180 shipped) It should put you in the Mitsubishi EVO land in terms of HP
. What I want to know is how much (in labor hours) will it take to have the fuel injectors replaced? And where would I get them?
Anyone????

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
to replace our fuel injectors should only take 30min max. Very easy to get to the fuel rail and remove it. As far as where to buy, I am sure any aftermarket shop can get them, summit, jegs, etc.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does regular (non SVT) Zetec use the same sized fuel injectors (30 LBs) as an SVT engine because I found those: 42 LB fuel injectors sold thru : myfordperformance.com. The picture shows a set of 4 - how many do we need - four: one per cylinder???

I know that the Pectel program will have to be redone but will the Pectel fuel management unit benefit from bigger fuel injectors 42LB VS 36LB (SVT Competition car) to give us even more HP. Is there a danger of having fuel injectors almost 50% bigger than the stock ones???

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'd say an hour is a more realistic goal for removing and installing new injectors. There are clips for the wiring harness that were a pain in the butt to remove and reinstall. That, and the new fuel rail asked that loc-tite be used. Not a big deal as far as how hard it is, just a time consuming process.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could have any size injectors you want, but if you don't have a recalibrated MAF, it is of no use to you. I might be wrong there. The reason for the bigger fuel injectors is that for the smaller pulley you are maxing out the amount of fuel the stock injectors can handle.

This really depends on what size pulley you're looking at. 5.5-6psi is on the stock injectors. I think when they went to 10psi they were completely maxed but still worked. I think in the end they ended up at 12psi, but that definitely required new injectors. I guess you could theoretically get an 8-9psi pulley and use the stock injectors .... how safe that is for extended use I don't know. (This is assuming A/F and timing is addressed of course, i.e. Pectel)

Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, think about this also. No intercooler. At 6psi the stock SVT Focus (in general) is making about 200whp. At 12psi they are only at 240whp with an intake and exhaust. Too much heat. I imagine this car wouldn't stand a chance on a road course.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that is correct...you change the injector size, the MAF needs to be recal'ed for those injectors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh yeah, think about this also. No intercooler. At 6psi the stock SVT Focus (in general) is making about 200whp. At 12psi they are only at 240whp with an intake and exhaust. Too much heat. I imagine this car wouldn't stand a chance on a road course.
They reached 240 WHP with only 8psi not 12. Now, how would I go from 6psi to 8 psi on JRSC?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts