Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering who has the highest number of HP on focaljet and what do they have done to the engine and who does the best quarter mile time. thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Get ready for some verbal abuse rookie! For some reason people here don't like to talk about such taboo things.

·
Registered
662 Posts
hey i was wondering who has the highest number of HP on focaljet and what do they have done to the engine and who does the best quarter mile time. thanks
Browse the various boards and messages, look for that sort of data in individual member's signitures. There are many folks that have posted numbers of the years now, some gone, some new, so you might get some feedback or not. Best bet is to just take some time and look around.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Whatever guys....

He may be new, but most of you who have posted aren't that far along yourselves.
Remember, you were BRAND NEW w/ ONE post once upon a time.
Be NICE!!....

To MY Knowledge, Turbo Tom has the highest HP and Lowest ET in a Streetable Focus.
Look in the Forced Induction Forum for posts by 1TurboFocus.
IIRC he's over 400 HP, and he sells a kit w/ lifetime Warranty that'll put you in the mid-300 range for $5200, All parts included.
Here's his link...
http://www.focus-power.com/

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Posted by LemonGT:
Get ready for some verbal abuse rookie! For some reason people here don't like to talk about such taboo things.
Love your sig Junior....

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
hey i was wondering who has the highest number of HP on focaljet
eleventybillion

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
you know, i used to hold the title of world's biggest [censored]...or so my friends thought...I'll just show them this thread. Leave the poor kid alone.

Tom's got 440 HP, running 12's. You can get to the 12's with less HP, but TOm's had major traction/delivery issues with his car. HE's taking care of a little of both with this new automatic tranny. I'd like to see how much that helps. Also, I keep sending subliminal hints that he needs to invest n better chassis tuning *nudges Tom in the ribs, then screams STEEDA REAR BAR AND MR.GASKET TRACTION BARS in the poor guy's ear*

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
And some of us are sayin' go rear wheel drive!
That eliminates the Challenge!!
What's the fun in that??
You can do that ANY day you have an extra 30 thou laying around.....

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
B.O.B.
How's the rear bar supposed to help?
Please Explain....

·
Registered
659 Posts
How's the rear bar supposed to help?
Please Explain....
I haven't quite figured that out either.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
IT's entirely possible I'm on crack (if i am, just don't tell my probation officer), but according to everything I've read, (including an article that was at one point sticky-ed in suspension forum here) You can use sway bars to change f/r balance. One of hte big challenges with draggin a FWD car is that weight transfers from teh front to the rear of any car as you accelerate. THis means that less weight will be riding over the front tires, and thus less traction...see where I'm going?

A bigger rear bar (again, based on more reputable sources than me, including the british mag Racecar Engineering) will prevent some of this unwanted weight transfer, keeping the weight, adn the traction, over the front tires. The steeda, at 28.6mm, is kinda big and should be nice in such a situation.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
IT's entirely possible I'm on crack (if i am, just don't tell my probation officer), but according to everything I've read, (including an article that was at one point sticky-ed in suspension forum here) You can use sway bars to change f/r balance. One of hte big challenges with draggin a FWD car is that weight transfers from teh front to the rear of any car as you accelerate. THis means that less weight will be riding over the front tires, and thus less traction...see where I'm going?

A bigger rear bar (again, based on more reputable sources than me, including the british mag Racecar Engineering) will prevent some of this unwanted weight transfer, keeping the weight, adn the traction, over the front tires. The steeda, at 28.6mm, is kinda big and should be nice in such a situation.
I dont see how swaybars can prevent front to rear weight transfer??

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
again, I 'see' it in my head, but can't explain it too well. GO to the suspension forum stickies, and look for hte one about how sway bars work. Read it. I'd quote the racecar engineering mag, but it's at home...in TX...and i'm in NY.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
me.

no, wait, i'm lying.

probably turbotom, like people are saying.
roscpo (sp) has a pretty potent SVT too.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
exactly how much of joe morgan's car is actually focus?

SOrry, this one really pisses me off. It's like the 1/4 mile wheelie bus. IT's reall a dragster with a bus shell on top. OR the REnault fastest minivan, which is a CF minivan shell strapped to an f1.

Or hell, a nascar taurus. TWo (fake) doors, pushrod, RWD, yup, that's a taurus

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The reason a rear bar won't improve launch is that with front to back chassis movements, the front and rear bar simply pivot in their mounts like they are designed to do. Bars work for only what they were designed to do, which is reduce side to side body roll, not front to back. Only shocks/struts and springs will reduce front to back movement.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts