Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a Performance chip for my Focus Sedan. I know of 2 brands, Diablo Chips, and Superchips. Is there any difference between the two and if so which do yall recommend.
Your assistance is appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
do you know what code it is? The diablo and superchip do basically the same thing, but for some codes, one may not remove the speed govneror like my car which has a XAU0. Only the superchip removes the speed govneror for my car.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill find the code tomorrow and let ya know
thanks,

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Pimp27:
I am sure that each company is able to remove the rev limiter for every ECU code.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not so, 5 speeds pretty much yes. Automatics, pretty much no. Some codes, no program exists at all. Mine for example, JFR5, nothing from Superchips since they have not gotten a read on it. I can use the XAU0 4 bank chip from Diablosport for my code, but the speed limiter is stock on that code.

Be careful what you assume

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The XAUO for Diablosport still has stock speed limiter but no rev limiter.

The Superchip has no speedlimiter or rev limiter. I'll be switching to Superchip to see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
The XAUO for Diablosport still has stock speed limiter but no rev limiter.

The Superchip has no speedlimiter or rev limiter. I'll be switching to Superchip to see if there's a difference.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not completely accurate. Neither company completely removes the rev and speed limiters on "non-custom" chips. They raise them, but they do not remove them. Typically the rev limiter is raised 300 rpms over stock, and the speed limiter 30mph over stock.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Personal preference....

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am pretty sure the chip tuner that I am using can remove the revlimiter (5 spd) and remove the speed limiter on all chips. This is not through Diablo or Superchips. He is a well known chip tuner in the Mustang world. But he is starting to do Foci. I have a chip with the rev limiter moved to 8,000 rpm..

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts