Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me about this product, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this product. More importantly, is there anyone using this product currently? A search for "phantom grip" turned up limited results.

Linky to Phantom Grip Homepage

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Hey man, where in Irving do you live? I live in Valley Ranch off of McArthur. We are having a big mod day tomorrow in Fort Worth and if you're not busy, you should come out and meet the team. Look in the Lonestar forum for more details.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna move this over to Zetec Tuning since you're asking about a LSD.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for moving the post Jason. It made more logical sense (to me) to have a question about an LSD type device in the suspension forum, but a search in the Zetec Tuning section told me all I needed to know. I remember meeting you at one of the last get togethers, not to mention you work (or worked) with my sister at some healthcare company in Las Colinas. She mentioned you being in a Focus club and all. I live right off 183 and Valley View. But to get back to the topic at hand, it seems that in the long run the Phantom Grip may do more harm than good, and unless you plan on installing it yourself (as I will) it will provide minimal cost savings for the short term.

·
Registered
668 Posts
racer, I have heard really good things and really bad things about phantom grips.

Everything bad I have heard about them is usually about them destroying diffs, but I have only heard that from shops that only sell quiafes or some other lsd other than a phantom grip.

Everything good I have ever heard about them come from the end user, the guy on the street who has to drive it every day. Ive never heard any complaint about them from someone with one. In fact I have one! Its in my clost, but I was convinced enuff with what I have heard from it to buy one.

Also CTZX3 has one, he loves it, it works great on his car, plus his car drives like a champ.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by derf:
Also CTZX3 has one, he loves it, it works great on his car, plus his car drives like a champ.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">True, but he only races in a straight line. I would be very curious to see what the Phantom Grip would be like on the open track or AutoX.

- Drew

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
yeah, also his car isnt consistant when tryin 2 light up the tires....sometimes 2, most times 1 or the other...seen it in person, on my vids, and in pictures as well. even in drags, its not a winner 2 me.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research on this and really have come up with a mixed bag. I seems that the negative perspective comes from people who are big proponents of the Quafe (or similar products), they make statements of it's drawbacks (the Phantom Grip) but don't have anything to substantiate the claims, however, the folks I've talked to that seem to support the Phantom Grip actually have one in their car, and everyone I've talked to really love them, to me that is value. I still don't know if I'll try one or not, but for the $$$ it may not be a bad investment.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I believe super street or SCC dropped one into one of their cars and it did wonders....
cheap too...

·
Registered
209 Posts
it was scc that used it in their neon. They spent 1 1/2 pages talking about the phantom grip. I'll see if I cant get a picture of mine and throw it up later on tonight so you can get a bette idea of what it is and looks like.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The Phantom Grip is a good product for people who's cars don't have quaiffe's availible for $595... The quaiffe for most cars is around $900 since we're fortunate enough to have it availible for $595, a little bit of cost-benefit analysis leaves it the obvious choice for focus owners... although twice as much as a phantom grip, the benefits outweigh the costs:
lifetime warranty
active torque biaising
zero known failures in the focus to date

1 - 11 of 11 Posts