Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Currently listening to:, The Thong Song
3,793 Posts
yea us Americans have it easy in the courts...normally lol!

·
Registered
782 Posts
You are screwed! That section is Beaverton's bread and butter. My wife lived in the apartments near the top of that curve, and she got nailed there as well. That is one of those areas that I believe the city purposely drops the speed down to catch people either charging up the hill toward the on-ramp or those who just got off 26. You will have to pay, Beaverton is big on nailing speeding on that corner...

·
3,793 Posts
LOL...I thought beaverton was big on nailing them anywhere they could?

I got a beer says he can go through the first offender program thing if he does not have an exsisting ticket on his record LOL!

·
is REALLY worried about very little things...
5,145 Posts
Well earlier in here he said he's never had a moving violation. Sounds like the Focus gods could be on his side for this one.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well my opinion on this is take it to cort. They will pull your driving record and see if you are repete offender. If it turely your first offence ask the judge for a differance, you will have to take a driving class and keep your record clean it shoudn't show up. That is how it worked for me here in WA, but I still had to pain a fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just came in the mail. 125 bones for 45 in 35

Limit was 40, then changes to 35. I got 45 in 35, immediately after the limit turned to 35.

How do they determine "repeat offender" anyways?
If this ticket is dropped, and if I'm subsequently pulled over for something else, would this ever show up on police computer?

I've got warnings in the past for random stupid stuff, like my front bumper crossing the line 3 inches at the cross walk and such, but not a ticket.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
If you haven't had a ticket in the last 10 years you can "Defer" the ticket. Defer means, you pay a fine probably 125.00-150.00 for the Defer Judgment. The next 12 months if you don't get ticket in that city the ticket is no longer valid and will not be on your driving record.

Get a ticket in the next 12 months, and you pay for the old ticket, the new ticket and all the points for both tickets.

How do they determine "repeat offender" anyways? The original ticket is still on record.

Learn to drive 5 over the posted speed limit and you won't get a ticket.

·
3,793 Posts
.. or just stay the hell out of Beaverton! I dread that part of town. It makes no logical sense (like the Eastside at least.)
True that! But sometimes its the best way to get places is right through the heart of it LOL!

·
3,793 Posts
The court I have to report to is by Fred Meyer on Griffith Dr. To get there on my court day, I have to weave through a ton of boobie traps :bang:
meh, just take 26 to murray and drop down from there. just dont speed going down the hill from 217 down towards your exit.

Have you bought a radar detector yet? get. one. now. end. of. story.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My favorite on speeding tickets is where the cop can choose how you were caught: Radar, pace, other.. WTF is OTHER??

"Sorry judge, he looked like he was going 60 mph in a 50."

Or is that so they can ticket the guys with spinners?

"Well, he looked like he was going to stop at that intersection, but his rims kept spinnin', so obviously he ws speeding..."

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
meh, just take 26 to murray and drop down from there. just dont speed going down the hill from 217 down towards your exit.
That's past 217. I don't live in Hillsboro ;)

Have you bought a radar detector yet? get. one. now. end. of. story.
I've thought about it. Where I live, theft from vehicle is a great problem. So bad that I remove my $200 GPS every time I park outside. I wouldn't mind getting a Valentine 1, but I have two devices I'll have to babysit for :(

I h8 traffic cops
I h8 dirty thieves even more

·
3,793 Posts
That's past 217. I don't live in Hillsboro ;)

I've thought about it. Where I live, theft from vehicle is a great problem. So bad that I remove my $200 GPS every time I park outside. I wouldn't mind getting a Valentine 1, but I have two devices I'll have to babysit for :(

I h8 traffic cops
I h8 dirty thieves even more
Cedar hills and Murray are Beaverton exits ;)
185th is the line for Beaverton and Hillsboro ;)

When you going to court?

·
is REALLY worried about very little things...
5,145 Posts
Radar detectors seem like false security to me. I have one, but I don't even bother pulling it out anymore. If you have good eyes or just don't speed very much, you'll be better off than driving 20 over and relying on the detector. There was a guy who outfitted his Audi R8 with frickin top-of-the-line radar detector, laser jammer, radar jammer, blah blah blah, the works, *still* got the freakin car impounded!

·
3,793 Posts
I use mine on 26, 217 and I5. Simply because I go 10-15 over always. never once got a ticket..been saved many times though. I dont use them in the city. just the highway.

·
3,793 Posts
That is the problem with a radar dector. You always end of driving way faster then you should
and yet I still get blown by a ton of other drivers ;)

and this is Oregon...remember...10-15 over is a max speed of 75-80mph.

you guys have 75mph speed limits if I recall?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Radar detectors seem like false security to me. I have one, but I don't even bother pulling it out anymore. If you have good eyes or just don't speed very much, you'll be better off than driving 20 over and relying on the detector. There was a guy who outfitted his Audi R8 with frickin top-of-the-line radar detector, laser jammer, radar jammer, blah blah blah, the works, *still* got the freakin car impounded!
Also, when you do have a REAL officer contact, I would think that having flash reflection plate covers or a radar detector would steer the "officer discretion" in the direction that's not in your favor.

I guess I got unlucky. I mean, $125 citation for 10 over in a bone stock Focus? :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts