Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
not trying to offend you, but where are all the trophies from? It looks like a stock SVT with some wheels and headlights...

it IS very clean though, I'll give you that!

·
Registered
924 Posts
heh nice focus..looks fast..funny i saw that magazine at the bookstore today..i wanted to buy it but decided not to

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've been going to shows since I was like 2 and my dad has tought me some tricks so I know what the judges look at. I also have probrobly the cleanest daily driver ever. Its not what you have its how clean it is, And showing up to a show is half the battle. I'm not offended I do have a clean car and thats exactly how I win car shows

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Nice and clean. I personally dont care for the headlights, but its not my car. I would suggest moving the trophies somewhere else besides in front of your car. You know as well as I do, trophies dont impress judges and you could do a better setup with them somewhere else. Nice touch with the spec sheet in the trunk, I do the same thing when I show.

·
Registered
993 Posts
sweet ass car bro,
congrats on all the victories

Majikal, you could win those trophies too from the looks of your ride. Like superdave said, it's all in the cleanliness and presentation (and having a bad ass car).

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
clean fenderwells are your best friends

looks good ..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
ji guess i am with majikal, dont see this "bad ass car" at all, i mean, i have a svtf too, with well, tons of stuff, and its clean, so i would make a killing at shows then eh?
Adamo

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well I've been going to shows since I was like 2 and my dad has tought me some tricks so I know what the judges look at. I also have probrobly the cleanest daily driver ever. Its not what you have its how clean it is, And showing up to a show is half the battle. I'm not offended I do have a clean car and thats exactly how I win car shows
I realized that when I took home 1st place in the ZX3/SVT stock class at carlisle. There were plenty of rarer cars there, but it's all in how clean and how well the car is presented that gets the awards. I spent 11 hours at Carlisle cleaning the car...heck, nobody even noticed my cracked bumper!

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
Nice and clean. I personally dont care for the headlights, but its not my car. I would suggest moving the trophies somewhere else besides in front of your car. You know as well as I do, trophies dont impress judges and you could do a better setup with them somewhere else. Nice touch with the spec sheet in the trunk, I do the same thing when I show.
Gotcha, care to PM a list of some things I could do to get some trophies? lol, judges dont seem to care about my car too much.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I realized that when I took home 1st place in the ZX3/SVT stock class at carlisle. There were plenty of rarer cars there, but it's all in how clean and how well the car is presented that gets the awards. I spent 11 hours at Carlisle cleaning the car...heck, nobody even noticed my cracked bumper!
Thank you atleast someone is on my side of this. I spend 2 days before every show preping/cleaning the car. If you ever see me at a show I probably wont talk to you much not that I dont want to its that I'll be busy cleaning. I don't stop cleaning until I've been judged

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
I hate car shows where it's all about who's car is the most extremely tricked out, who has the most neon, the craziest body kit, etc.....

I personally like a nice, clean, and for lack of a better word, simple car, whether it be a sport compact like the Focus, or an old school hot rod like the 1956 Chevy BelAir I'm working on with my uncle. All the flashy stuff doesn't impress me.

I'd much rather have something that looks 'stock' and can move, than something that is as slow as a snail, but looks crazy. That is how it should be done, hell, look at the cars that Chip Foose has built and won the Ridler award with, they aren't extreme crazy ass cars, they are classic, clean cars, and it's the little things that he does to a car that wins him almost every car award there is out there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think what is important to realize also is how big are these shows. I have been going to these import/compact shows for ten years and have seen this phenomenon grow. When I started there were two shows to look forward to. Carlisle and NOPI. Now, there are so many car shows every weekend across this country you can pick and choose. It is nice to say that we won a trophy at a NOPI show, but is it THE NOPI show. The NOPI Nationals Supershow at the Atlanta Motor Speedway has over 3000 cars. It is one thing to beat out maybe five to ten(at most) other Focus', but what do you do when there are 50 in your class?
I am not taking away any credit because I think the car is clean. I like the mods done to the engine, the trunk is mint and the wheels look good. But, I took first place last year at the biggest VW show on the east coast in my Passat wagon. I was in a class of two.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts