Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy had them at the show this weekend in Indy. He is fully sponsored. Said the kit was about $1500 and 16 hours of labor so that would run me another $1000. No lambo doors for the yellow gundam.

Jason

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
must be nice

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I'm thinking of just giving up on my car and not even trying anymore. I can't compete with things like this.

Jason

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
But the problem with his kit is you have to take off the fender and do some work under there and a lot of top show cars have molded side skirts so it wont work. If you guys REALLY want I can talk to some people and see what they can do for us. Those in the Chicagoland/St. Louis area I can hook you up with the kid that created the lambo doors first. And there are some sweet companys out there like verticle doors that have some SWEET kits. Also, Autoloc features a kit that will open electronically, you can download the video to see how it works.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Lambo-style doors and manual windows...
...Anywho...I have to admit...After seeing it on a Focus, I think Lambo-style doors are one pointless mod I think would actually be cool on my car...

·
Banned
487 Posts
Grab some sodas and chips and sandwiches and come over to s.j and ill install them
. 4 Hours and im done

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and then another 20+ hours from Indiana.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Geez... after seeing some of the cars here lately and at some shows, makes me want to forget my plans of doing my mods for shows next year and go straight for power/racing stuff.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hmm...

That doesnt look quite as cool as I thought it would. The leading edge of the door is just too flat and bulky-looking. If you're gonna such extensive work, extend the lower and upper ends of the fenders and adjust the doors to fit, so the leading edge of the door is more like a ) than a |

But that's just me.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Lambo-style doors and manual windows...
You might want to check any but the last few Countaches...manual windows, bro.
Heh...That was actually more cos I thought that I was the only person in the world who bought a Focus without power accessories...

·
Registered
288 Posts
now if only i could do that to my sedan... and have the rear doors open the other way lambo style...(and be nearly impossible to get inside)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
My friend can machine hinges like that for 10 times less cost...

$1500 is absurd for a two hinges and associated brackets and hardware...good lord. people are getting raped in the ass.

I asked my friend the other day if he is able to machine something like that and he no problem and would be about $500 for all the parts and linear actuators..

his machine shop makes limited slip differentials and transmission gears for FORD. So I would think he can make some hinges and brackets.

www.faxon-machining.com

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

$1500 is absurd for a two hinges and associated brackets and hardware...good lord. people are getting raped in the ass.

I asked my friend the other day if he is able to machine something like that and he no problem and would be about $500 for all the parts and linear actuators..

his machine shop makes limited slip differentials and transmission gears for FORD. So I would think he can make some hinges and brackets.

www.faxon-machining.com
Keep me posted on this. My email address & AIM info is in the profile.

·
Registered
647 Posts

www.faxon-machining.com
Keep me posted on this. My email address & AIM info is in the profile.
same here i want some and if he can come up with them for the 500 sign me up for a set

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If he can come up with a way to do it for $500 using linear actuators so it opens up and down electronically and provides a simple way to install without needing to take off the fender (shaved sideskirts) that I can bolt on if I take a sunday then I GARAUNTEE YOU A SALE FROM ME!

·
Registered
641 Posts
J,

Come here to Cali, man. Get the lambo door and my xenon lip

=dRe=

and then another 20+ hours from Indiana.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts