Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics of the \'03 Shift linkages?

Does anyone have pics of the shift linkages on the new '03 Focus's equipped with the MTX-75. I heard somewhere that they were different, I need to know if this is true.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Re: Pics of the \'03 Shift linkages?

Originally posted by FocallyDistorted:
Does anyone have pics of the shift linkages on the new '03 Focus's equipped with the MTX-75. I heard somewhere that they were different, I need to know if this is true.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are different.. My Mach is an 02 and is different than any other earlier models I have seen.. It also has a slightly better shift feel and is more positive.. Everyone who has shifted my car says its better than the previous design..

Unfortunately I dont have a digital camera, or I would take some pix for ya. I do know that none of the Aftermarket shifters fit it... I will have to cut it down, or wait till someone offers a high end replacement.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by spinwax:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocallyDistorted:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are different.. My Mach is an 02 and is different than any other earlier models I have seen.. It also has a slightly better shift feel and is more positive.. Everyone who has shifted my car says its better than the previous design..

Unfortunately I dont have a digital camera, or I would take some pix for ya. I do know that none of the Aftermarket shifters fit it... I will have to cut it down, or wait till someone offers a high end replacement.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Johnny, was up man? I have a question for you. Check your PM's in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

Don't have any pictures, but some of us were comparing the 2 different shifters at a G2G on Oct 6. They are definitely different, but the cables look like they are identical. Maybe we can do a parts swap! Has anyone tried this?

The new shifter is defintely smoother with a shorter throw than the stock one on my SEd. Another point is that the new design looks like it would be easy to make a "true" short-throw shifter for it instead of just shortening the top end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts