Ford Focus Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 1996 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,961
Some stuff from Space Weather's site...

A proton arc, a feature of an Aurora.

Aurora from Lake MacDonald, Glacier National Park Montana.

Pale Aurora from Wyoming.

From Washington state.

Aurora from New Zealand.

And New Zealand again.

From Canada catching a meteorite.

An Antarctic Aurora.

Another Proton Arc...

Sunset in Antarctica.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Beautiful shots

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,963
Stormy weather about...

And...this one is CGI. Thought it was excellent.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,964
On to the smaller places about our fine country.

Bardstown Kentucky.

Rockland Maine.

Berlin Maryland.

Galena Illinois.

Breckenridge Colorado.

Dyersville Iowa.

Deadwood South Dakota.

Whitefish Montana.

Marfa Texas.

Edgartown Massachusetts.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,965
Saab time, finally found and scanned some pics of my old Saabs.

69 Sonett V4

99 EMS 1978

900 Turbo 1982

900 Turbo SPG 1985 intro year, this car regularly embarrassed 5.0 Mustangs and out top ended a Honda 600 Hurricane and Honda 750 Interceptor. Before someone starts to talk down the losers, the turbo equation for what a 2.0 liter turbo equates to is a 3.8 V6, so a fair comparison for that car would have been a V6 Capri, not sport bikes and Mustangs. That car was fast.

1989 SPG, the only red one in North America for that year, it was the brochure car for 1990.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Front driver from way back.

Sure you're not a Carlson?

Only thing missing is an old 3 cyl. 2-stroke.

Most of the cool cars, and the older Sonnet is on wish lists.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,969
Front driver from way back.

Sure you're not a Carlson?

Only thing missing is an old 3 cyl. 2-stroke.

Most of the cool cars, and the older Sonnet is on wish lists.
Well you're really going to think I'm a Carlson now (yes, I got him to autograph my Book "From 2 stroke to Turbo" in person at a Saab Convention). The 77 99GL wasn't a turbo, and in fact was a rescue, bought for $900, broke down all the time and was totalled by some moron pulling out in front of me (long story) but the payout since the car had little value, got it fixed and repainted this richer blue. It got reupholstered, got a chain type turbo 4 speed gearbox (originally was a gear transfer), a front turbo oil cooler spoiler and I think it even got an oil cooler and of course, the Gotti wheels off the SPG after it was sold.

The GLE...looks pretty boring right? That was an H series turbo conversion with a 5 speed which was already an early turbo conversion (like the 99 turbo engine) when I got it not running. I had the major mechanical work on both these cars done by Jerry Ackley's Saab Service.

Yes, the reason I bailed was partly due to lack of technical support for tuned Saabs in Arizona and mostly due to the losers that bought and killed Saab. I really have a deep hatred of that company.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,970
Since Saab's aren't interesting, let's try Land Rovers. A recent trip with the Arizona Land Rover Owners to an area NE of Camp Verde Arizona.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Excellent pictures, as usual, but I couldn't find a Reliant Robin in your set of unusual/rare cars... you must not be a race fan.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,973
Excellent pictures, as usual, but I couldn't find a Reliant Robin in your set of unusual/rare cars... you must not be a race fan.
Didn't think Robins were that unusual, Clarkson's poked enough fun at them on Top Gear and we used to see them all over England during our time there. But the words race fan, in the same conversation about a Robin? Hummmm....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rockin' Robin?

Nice pics from the Land Cruiser outing, I like any of the solid axle versions.

Saab 99 is the classic to me, prob. the first car that fit the "Sit Up and Think" category of sporty performance I drove. Rear window clearing itself in the rain was impressive too at the time. Good Aero.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Didn't think Robins were that unusual, Clarkson's poked enough fun at them on Top Gear and we used to see them all over England during our time there. But the words race fan, in the same conversation about a Robin? Hummmm....
Okay, not rare, but to say a Robin is not unusual? To me, 3 wheels is very odd, especially with the one in front of the engine.

Yeah, Clarkson had one outfitted so it would roll over easily, at low speeds... a good joke that provided the expected outcome (my reference to "race fan" was intended to be a joke along those lines).

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,976
Okay, not rare, but to say a Robin is not unusual? To me, 3 wheels is very odd, especially with the one in front of the engine.

Yeah, Clarkson had one outfitted so it would roll over easily, at low speeds... a good joke that provided the expected outcome (my reference to "race fan" was intended to be a joke along those lines).
And I was grinning when I made the race fan statement....

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
In that case, I'm glad it had the desired effect. ;-)>

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,978
Hopefully furthering the unfamiliar (not necessarily unheard of?) car topic...

JAC Refine S1:

Tata Sierra with an interesting Option:

Tata Sierra:

Tata Sierra:

Weismann MF3 Roadster:

Weismann GT MF5 Coupe:

IFA F8:

Volga GAZ 21 Coupe:

Tatra 700 with the rear mounted V8:

Vauxhaull Firenza:

Wartburg 353:

Venturi 260 LM:

Venturi 210:

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,979
Some of my stash I've been tapping off of for posting on the Lotus Babes and Race girls group on facebook.

1961 - 1980 of 1996 Posts