Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a Saturday afternoon roads were wet after a heavy downpour. I was driving souuth doing the speed limit 50 mph. I see this lady in a Mitsubishi Galant pulling out to cross the intersection to go north as she pulled out I braked my wheels locked on me and I slide right into her driver side door. I was mad and slightly shook up. But it could have been worse. Bruised a little on my chest and lap from where the seatbelt locked up on me and my neck and shoulder was a little sore. My Focus was only 2 yrs old with 18,800 miles on it. It is at the Ford dealership being looked at to see if its a total loss or not.

Noticible Damaged to my car :
Bumper, Both headlights, and fog lights, hood crumpled, windsheild creacked, rearview mirrow hanging sideways, front axle bent, left front tire blown, rim maybe bent too, third vent from the left can be pulled out. Both airbags deployed.

More can be damaged but they must take the front part of the car apart to see what other damage took place.

Any1 been in an accident that had similar damage. Remeber I probably hit the lady at 40-45 mph slightly head on.Very impatient from the looks of it, it looks totaled. If it is I'm getting a new car.

Any1 believe it can be a loss. I think my car is going for $9,000 kelly blue book estimate

2001 zts jackpot gold
Leather seats
16 inch rims

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FOCUS WRECKED

Also my drivers door seems to be misalligned. When I CLOse it my back door rattles. So I dont know yet if the frame is bent or the doors are just off track.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: FOCUS WRECKED

I hate to bring the sad news, but its going to be a total loss.

the good news is, that you are ok.. you will get your $$$, fight for more. Insurance will pay you up, then they will take your car and sell it off to make some $$$, it looks like it wasn't your mistake.

to repair that kind of damage it will cost around $12.000 +

parts around $7.000. and body work paint and labor 5.-6. New England

and if the frame is bad.. no insurance will cover after repairs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts