Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got these last week and have been runnin em on the street since... Lemme tell you how incredible these tires are.

First off... QUIET on the road. Very nice!

Secondly GRIP GRIP and more GRIP! I've been accustomed to running the canyons of the Hollywood hills and hearing squealing of the stock firesquawks the whole time. Now... I don't hear a thing! And I'm driving it HARD!

Seriously.. I ordered some 712s from Tire Rack... and had to call them to get the shipping address changed... and they were like "Oh hold on Cy wants to talk to you..."

Cy talked to me and told me that they had the Pirellis on sale for $1/tire more... so I said "Sure why not!" I paid a lil more in shipping cuz its only in their Indiana warehouse... but lemme just say... WELL WORTH IT! Thanks Cy for the recommendation!

Anyone looking for a great street tire that might see a little road-course or auto-x time... I hightly recommend these! Major bang for the buck!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey, I'm glad to hear you finally got some new tires and I love the fact that we have sponsors that go the extra mile!
Sounds like those Pzero are nice and sticky, I guess this mean you willn't be able to slide/drift the car around the parking of Sonic's anymore!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Did you get the Nero M+S, or just the standard nero? I have only read good things about these tires, the M+S has a 400 tred rating and a super quiet ride. Cant wait till my es100s die they suck so bad!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard.. out in Socal we no need M+S!

Yah the treadwear on these is 220.... so I figure with how hard I drive em... maybe 20K miles if I'm lucky and get some actual track rubber soon.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I happened to notice some STS drivers, including an SVT, going quick on Nero's yesterday. Sound like a great value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts