Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really considering purchasing the Ford racing head over the winter, but one day i would like to go turbo or superchager (presion or vortec). Is this a good idea or should i scrap that and just get the turbo or superchager. But if a new head is reconmended what cams would be good?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Re: Along way from now but would?

Get the head no matter what you decide.

As for cams, can't say. I'm planning this myself.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

don't go too aggressive with cams, but FR stage 1...maybe FR stage 2 int, stage 1 exh ought to be fine for the future. You just want to keep overlap as low as possible.

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What would be the best place to get these parts
FR head
FR stage 2 intake cam
FR stage 1 exhaust cam

After purchasing those what would be the best connecting rods and pistons to get

What other then parts listed above would be good to purchase

Thanks
James

·
Registered
659 Posts

If your going forced induction you need to hold off on the pistons and stuff until you get the power adder because you want to go with low compression pistons and if you had to drive it for awhile with no power adder it would be irritating

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

mcnews I know sells the intake and cams

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

hmmm, i would definitely think about porting my head (basic line of sight and combustion chamber work) to take better advantage of that intake flow

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

you can get all that at www.mcnewsautomotive.com. ask for ray or bobby. ray will even help you w/cam selection and if need be shim the cams for you saving time and headaches checkin lash.

-Ult

1 - 8 of 8 Posts