Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok car stopped, would not re start, once it did restart car would idle very irradic. had fuel pump changed once. pulled chip re set computer same thing! pulled plugs (less than 1000 miles on them) all black! souty! but got plenty of spark!

took to shop they said it was he pump replaced again, car still would not start, they reprogramed chip upgraded! but still not in ecu yet! now they are saying it is an intermetent electrical problem in the fuel system! anyone had this problem? what can it be? injectors get the signals, pump does not pump at all times! got spark! (is it a sending unit!) please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
try pushing the fuel cut-off reset in the pasenger footwell. If that dont help check cam timing. How do you know the fuel pump isnt working? did you check the pressure? hope this helps

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they checked the presure, it is a brand new fuel pump number 3, it is pumping through the filter, but not getting to the injectors. thats why the are saying it is an intermitent problem, the fuel pump is not pumping all the time. the first thing we checked was the cut out switch in the passengers footwell area, that is fine. they are telling me everything is working meaning everything is getting a signal, the coilpak, the injectors, the fuel pump(intermetently) and the car is turning over like it wants to start, if they spray some quick start in the TB it starts and then dies! so i am guessing it is not getting fuel some how, but with a brand ne wpump why not or how not? is it a clogged line and shouldn't they be able to deduct that somehow? this is crazy, there is not much to that fuel system.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they checked the presure, it is a brand new fuel pump number 3, it is pumping through the filter, but not getting to the injectors. thats why the are saying it is an intermitent problem, the fuel pump is not pumping all the time. the first thing we checked was the cut out switch in the passengers footwell area, that is fine. they are telling me everything is working meaning everything is getting a signal, the coilpak, the injectors, the fuel pump(intermetently) and the car is turning over like it wants to start, if they spray some quick start in the TB it starts and then dies! so i am guessing it is not getting fuel some how, but with a brand ne wpump why not or how not? is it a clogged line and shouldn't they be able to deduct that somehow? this is crazy, there is not much to that fuel system.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks to Mike at crazy horse racing this is no longer a problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts