Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to start learning fuel issues now.. i've done a search but couldn't really get the exact answer...

-in what power level i should change my fuel pump and fuel injectors?

- what is the power level that the stock fuel pump and the stock fuel injectors can handle PERFECTLY (when i mean perfectly i mean there is not a single problem at all)

- and if i go and change to bigger fuel injectors, what do i need to do (coz i know i need to do something like a chip to control it right?) and what about fuel pump?

i'm asking all this is because i felt that my car is going lean at high rpm like after 5000rpm (and i'm going to dyno these few days to check the air/fuel just to make sure.. but i still wanna know the answers first... thanks a lot.

also one more question, what exactly i need to do if i found out that my car is going lean after 5000rpm? i'm running n/a not FI, i also have a diablo chip, would this problem because of the chip?

thanks a lot for your help!!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Just curious, but what makes you think your going to lean out above 5k? as far as the fuel pump goes I've heard of the Focus fuel pump handling 200+ HP without any problems, although the pump itself isn't the greatest and is subject to keel over just because and not necessarily due to HP.

My car has a JRSC and it runs rich with stock pump, injectors, and ECM all the way up to FCO, but I think my FP is dying a slow death as we speak. If your going to replace your injectors with larger ones you'll need to re-cal the MAF.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha... yea i didn't know much about cars but my car didn't feel good after 5500rpm that's why i said i THINK it was lean..

but i went to dyno today and found out it was kind of rich .. which is now posted in the other thread with questions, thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts