Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have recently just replaced all my tires to Kuhmo 205-40-r17's and Just the other day I have been getting a squeky sound from the rear passenger side !! I have searched but not really found what I was looking for!! I'm sure some of you wheel experts out there can point someone who has no clue when it comes to wheels and squeeks.. Thanks in advance!!Oh and also if someone knows please let me know the best way to get them aftermarket or factory and Place to buy or best deal or anything like that!! thanks Grrr

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I lowered the car with progress 1.8" drop.
I didnt think it was a suspension because the sound squeeks along with the speed of the wheel; so if I speed up the squeek gets so much quicker!!I just figured it may be a bearing or some kinda issue!!but I wonder what part of the suspension could squeek like that?? any thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since you are lowered, check the inside sidewall of the tire and see if it has rubbed anywhere. Sometimes a new tire, coupled with your change in suspension geometry can cause a loss of clearance. You tire might be slightly rubbing against the spring assembly. The tire might have a bulge on the inside side wall that could be rubbing too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I just figured out something today that might help!! when i tap on the brakes a little or alot they totally go away!! Im not sure if this helps for any info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts