Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome our new sponsor: CarTech Books

Publishers of the hot new book, High-Performance Ford Focus Builder's Handbook by Richard Holdener

You can order the book HERE

If you already have the book, please post your reviews in this thread.

SPECIAL OFFER for Focaljet members: The first 5 people to email the company at [email protected] and mention the Focaljet.com Offer will recieve a FREE copy of the book! All you have to do is post a review of the book here after you've had time to check it out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I love this book. Richard Holdener did an amazing job with his research of performance parts for the Focus. I like the multiple dyno results.

How about inviting Richard to be part of the board by having a special once a month tech section were he would answer a question that get's voted in by the members of the community as the one technical question most of us would like to get some expert advice with.

This guy can continue being a great resource to us while he keeps up the Focus technical advancements with new aftermarket parts for a revised updated book in the near future. Kind of a partnership with Focaljet.

George

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I got a copy of the book yesterday and just like the Haynes manual it's a must have for any Focus owner. There are some things that I think are missing but overall you can spend a weekend reading the book or spend 3 years on Focal Jet learning the same things slowly.

Buy the book!!!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Welcome to the Jet CarTech Books

Ron I sent an email to them for the free book offer so we will see if I am 1 of the 5.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
WELCOME!! Very cool to see a book like this. L8er Jon

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
got the book last week from Tony D. i've probably only read about 70% of the book, but it is a great read. very informative and well written. definitely breaks things down so that anyone can understand the concepts.

my only grudge with the book is that several of the things tested, especially in the inatake manifold section, are not available on the market. the supercharged zx3 ran an M62 blower, not the m45. so some of the tests will remain mere pipe dreams to the reader.

otherwise the book is a top notch must have for the focus owner.

Nate

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with CarTech Books. They have received all the emails for a free copy of the book that they needed. They are in the process of contacting the lucky winners.

Thanks to all that entered, good luck!

Remember, please post your thoughts/reviews of the book here.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Your link to CarTech Books is now asking for some sort of login info???
Both the banner and the link in your first post seem to do that.

In other news... I missed UPS today but it looks like my free review copy is waiting for me in the (currently closed) leasing office here.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I assume that there isn't yet, but is there info on parts tested on the SVTF? Especially suspension parts.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts