Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question, i have about 60000 miles on my car. I still have the factor plugs in. Do u guys and girls think its time to change them out. I have noticed a loss in power over the last couple of weeks. I thought it was because of my duel stage being broken, but now i dont really know. Please let me know what u all think... TKU

·
Registered
457 Posts
Take them out and have a looksee. I would change them anyway along with maybe some new wires as well. The stock plats are pretty steap though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Agreed. Once you go to the trouble of pulling the plugs....change them. And the wires too. Put the right DP plugs in and you won't have to do it again for at least another 60,000 miles.

Oh, I have heard that the stock plugs are two different #'s. One has platinum on the center electrode while the other has it on the ground electrode. Ford saved a few dollars by only putting the platinum where it was needed but we must buy double platinums so they won't matter which hole they go in.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anybody got a picture of what a double-platt plug looks like when it's bad??
I'm looking at mine and see some light whitish deposits, but for the most part I can't tell!

I've never used platinum plugs before, so I've no idea when to change them...

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Copper plugs

MotorCraft AZFS22C work great for me

·
Registered
115 Posts
something about SVT they go through a lot testing to make sure that SVT's run at max performance. i would use OEM.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Yeah, thats why there's been SOOOOOO many problems with the SVT Focus. Maybe they should have tested a little bit more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts