Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sat back and watched the header stories on this site for the last several weeks and I have conversed with Steve Smith on all of the going ons. We both decided to just watched. Attached is a photo of five of the highest quality polished stainless steel headers that Steve could build. They are truly unique and incorporate his latest design revisions in their construction. Without a doubt they are five of the finest Show / Performance headers that can be found anywhere. All tubes were polished before, during and after final assembly. (I know because I was involved in the polishing of every Focus header that came out of the shop) All welds are presentation quality tig welds. Even the header bolts have been highly polished.

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: BABolt ]</p>

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Polished stainless steel for me. Im not a fan of the ceramic coated versions (friend had one and its all rusted now). Plus the stainless makes pretty colors after extreme heat
Whats the price/availability?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Very nice man... Looks like some serious time has been applied to details

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another photo and you can check out the welds.

Thank you. There was some very serious time spent on these headers and I am sad to say I cannot post a photo that does them justice (image size just gets reduced). You can see the reflection of our cats eye color in the pipes. Two sets spoken for 3 may be available and then I start on a stainless steel turbo design. The top header in the other photo is a 2.3 turbo header that is almost equal length (it maybe off by about 3/4 of an inch or so)with a merge collector.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
how can i contact steve?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Price? Availability? I know they are going to be a lot, but that's the kind of header I want. I want clean welds, show quality, and the performance to back it up!! Good job on making an excellent product! Is there a contact to obtain more info on these? I'm currently building up my car, and this would be a nice addition

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. Sorry there are no private messages to view.

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: BABolt ]</p>

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry dude, my bad
... try again

·
Registered
15 Posts
BABolt, check your PM, I'm be able to host your hi-res pics for you.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
thanks man

but were there ever posted gains from these things? i couldnt see any gain justifying a $1000 header price

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
so whats the performance gain from this header?

EDIT: just realized I dredged up a thread from over a year ago...

[ 02-09-2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts