Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for new fenders for may ZX3... Does anyone make Polyurethane fenders for the focus?

I have the evo3 bumper, it's very strong, but if you bump something it will bend my fenders (i happened to me...) so now I'm looking for "flexible" fender....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

=========================

hi again,

I was searching the net and I found a "new" (new to me) fender called "X-1 fenders"...

Does anyone here have one? I've never seen one in a focus...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
can the wiring harness and the bulbs on stock headlight take the extra current and heat? would it brown the lenses?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smoe?
what???

=============================================

Ok... I found the link... This is the website:

http://www.groundedconceptz.com/fenders/

They say they may have those fenders for the focus too soon...

"BRAND NEW!!!
Just arrived.. Be the first one on your block to be sporting a set of the new X-1 fenders. These fenders are the next trend after Z3. They are full fiberglass repacements and are made with the highest quality. The are made using hand laid fiberglass and excellent gel-coat. These
fenders are also as close to factory OEM fit as you will find. If your car is straight and hasn't been in an accident, they will bolt right on. "

Acura
Integra 94-00

Honda
Civic 92-00

Ford
Probe 93-97
Coming Soon! Exclusive to Grounded Conceptz.
Plus more Coming Soon!!

=====================================

Now... does anyone know where can I find polyurethane fenders for the focus? I've seen fiberglass, steel, etc... fenders on ebay/net, but I could not find polyurethane fenders...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
all you have to do is build some braces to go from the radiator support to the bottom front lip of the bumper to help support the weight.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Why are you so bent on the urethane for fenders? Fiberglass would be lighter- if you're bending/breaking fenders, you have a different problem.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help...

I just wanted to know if they were available for the focus... I just don't want the stock fenders again...

One was damaged when the dealer hit the bumper/curb... and the other has a dent (someone probably hit their door on my fender)....

If there's no Polyurethane Fender for the focus I'll just get a fiberglass fender...

What are my options? just Aerogear and VIS fenders?

I used the "search" function but I could not find any pictures... do you guys have any pics?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have the vis and there ok only parts i had to mod was the mounting points for the bumper and the mounting for the head lites, ill try to take some pics tonite...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again... Please post some pics here...

one more question... I'm planning to get 17's (17x7) or (17x8)... I know we cannot roll the fender (fiberglass), but can we "shave it" a little bit before we install it?

Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.