Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they out yet? I could of swore Ive seen one driving around, it had the SS badges and everything.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Busted arse link.

GTO wouldnt have SS badges, SuperSport=Chevy

·
Registered
20 Posts
anyone else drooling over this car?
anyone know anything more about it?

Mmmmm....5.7L V-8

2004 GTO

[ 04-12-2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: joecomputerdude ]

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The GTO enthusiast crowd is not pleased with the look either.

In fact they were so displeased that they featured the upcoming 2005 Mustang on their homepage instead!

You're right though, stuffing a 'Vette engine into a larger coupe body isn't a bad idea, but it's not a GTO either.

GM better PRAY Ford won't bring the Falcon over, my bank better pray for the same thing!

·
Registered
20 Posts
but apart from it not even being close to what the past GTO was... don't you think that it's a friggin great idea... i mean... it's only a matter of time before it rivals the camaro and the mustang, and they come out with the convertable and maybe even "the judge" series... it's nothing like the old car... but they can call it "GTO inspired" in my book, because it might be just as popular in a few years as the car of former glory.

although... one of the larger reasons the former GTO was so popular, was because it was so affordable. 19 year olds could work for three years at a minimum wage job and afford one. I shudder to see the pricetag of the future GTO

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by baconzx3:
that horrible piece of crap doesn't deserve to be called a gto
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LS1 mated to a 6spd.... i think it may.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Jimmy:
Busted arse link.

GTO wouldnt have SS badges, SuperSport=Chevy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heh my bad, maybe it was just a fixed up Grand Prix.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I like the new GTO. They are marketing towards new enthusiasts, which is making the old enthusiasts unhappy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah... i don't see very much difference between the new GTO and a grand prix gt.. maybe they ment GPGt and someone mistook it for GTO... lol...

anyone know if it's comparable to the camaro/bird/stang in weight and bodysize... what a 4 way race there... maybe that should be a new post...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts