Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a property damage class this week somewhere in Connecticuit (I'm a rookie claims adjuster) and we have a giant room with a bunch of wrecked cars in various states of ruin, and there is a ZX3 sitting here with a 2.3L, it was one of those cars before the 05's came out, the ones that were only from CA/NY/somewhere.

I was like "ohhh, what a waste, I'd love to have that in my car... was only sold in 3 states for a short while" and my friends were just like

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I was like "ohhh, what a waste, I'd love to have that in my car... was only sold in 3 states for a short while" and my friends were just like

Yea, they're probably like: "Damn, why would anybody know that much about a crappy economy car". I get it from people as well.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Especially because, depending on what site you visit and who you talk to, all you need is a CAI and exhaust with a 5 speed to take a Mustang GT with one.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Especially because, depending on what site you visit and who you talk to, all you need is a CAI and exhaust with a 5 speed to take a Mustang GT with one.
Sounds more like SRT-4s to me.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Well, I know that a lot of young SRT-4 owners make ridiculous claims about what they're faster than. Far more ridiculous than the claims I've heard from Duratec owners.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
well, it has been proven that a 2.3 with a home-made intake and NOTHING MORE can pull 150 to the wheels on a dyno... just ask Zekester

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Just a bit of sarcasm, but I have indeed seen claims of the almighty 2.3 Duratec doing some amazing things.

All I know is if even half of what some say is true, the automatic transmission the PZEV is mated to must rob the car of over a third of its power or more, because I would have no trouble leaving, sorry, outright BRUTALIZING my 2.3'd ZTS with my SVTF, a car that the 2.3 is said to "easily" outmatch with only simple mods.

Like I said, just a bit of sarcasm, that's all. I'm not denying the potential of the engine, sure it's wonderful, but there are those who would have you believe it can cure cancer or something.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
well, it has been proven that a 2.3 with a home-made intake and NOTHING MORE can pull 150 to the wheels on a dyno... just ask Zekester
139/140 whp i think and like 142wtq.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Well, I know that a lot of young SRT-4 owners make ridiculous claims about what they're faster than. Far more ridiculous than the claims I've heard from Duratec owners.
And they are the only car owners in history to do this?
Honda drivers never said this??? Im an 18 year old who owns, drives, pays for, and modifys an SRT-4. There are exceptions to your rule. Dont treat everyone as a whole, not everyone is as close minded as you appear to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts