Ford Focus Forum banner

poor throttle response

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SonicBluSVT 02' 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does the svt and for that fact all focus' have poor throttle response?

What is the best thing to do to get more or better response.

#2 ·
A superchip and underdrive pulley worked really well for my 01 zx3. Now I have a 03 svt focus and have installed a cold air intake, underdrive pulleys and a FC Throttle body. They help a little. I'm waiting on my computer to come back from fordchip to see if that helps.

#3 ·
From what I have read, changing the flywheel and clutch, throttle body, some sort of intake. Other than that, wait till it cools off again. The warm weather is killing everyones car. Oh, you can put a turbo or supercharger on and I am sure that will help.

#4 ·
Yeah, I wanted to know what parts I might try to combat the sluggish take off as well. Any more suggestions?

Also, where do I find Ford Chip that slowman was talking about?

thanks

#7 ·
What about boring out the stock tb? Or at least getting rid of that lip inside the tb. Any one think that would help slightly?

#9 ·
David,

someone did that already and said it did help. But ended up putting a hole in his t-body and had to fix it. I would like to drive a svt with the t-body first before dropping that kinda cash on it. If the throttle response is really that improved it could be worth the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.