Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
A superchip and underdrive pulley worked really well for my 01 zx3. Now I have a 03 svt focus and have installed a cold air intake, underdrive pulleys and a FC Throttle body. They help a little. I'm waiting on my computer to come back from fordchip to see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
From what I have read, changing the flywheel and clutch, throttle body, some sort of intake. Other than that, wait till it cools off again. The warm weather is killing everyones car. Oh, you can put a turbo or supercharger on and I am sure that will help.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to know what parts I might try to combat the sluggish take off as well. Any more suggestions?

Also, where do I find Ford Chip that slowman was talking about?

thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
you have to send them your computer for them to program it. I don't know the full details, but he mentioned he is waiting for the computer to come back from them.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to know what parts I might try to combat the sluggish take off as well. Any more suggestions?

Also, where do I find Ford Chip that slowman was talking about?

thanks
www.fordchip.com

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
What about boring out the stock tb? Or at least getting rid of that lip inside the tb. Any one think that would help slightly?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks Bela, I thought I tried that URL before I asked, so either the site was down, or I was being stupid.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
David,

someone did that already and said it did help. But ended up putting a hole in his t-body and had to fix it. I would like to drive a svt with the t-body first before dropping that kinda cash on it. If the throttle response is really that improved it could be worth the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts