Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since last month my linkage has popped off 4 times! is there a recall or problem w/ this dam thing? it only pops off when goin to 1st to 2nd. btw i have a 03'svt.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Are you talking about the connection from the shifter cable to the clutch? If so,I had the same problem, it wont stop. I just took it off and ordered a new one. It was $25 and took about 5 mins to put on. Well worth it though

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
since last month my linkage has popped off 4 times! is there a recall or problem w/ this dam thing? it only pops off when goin to 1st to 2nd. btw i have a 03'svt.
Hah. I had this happen twice, once at the track. Both times the car was stuck in second gear. At the track, I was diving into to a slow speed hairpin and downshifting to second, then uh, uh, oh @#$%! Drove it back to the pits from the far side of the track in second. Luckily the spacing was good enough so that no one caught up with me before I pulled off.

Both times I was lucky enough to have someone much better mechanically than me available to reassemble the piece and then zip tie it to its "mounting bracket." It's held up now for 3 track days and the trips to the track, but based on this discussion I just shot a PM off to Steve Powell. I'm going to replace these parts. It's a pretty fragile looking bit up there.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hah. I had this happen twice, once at the track. Both times the car was stuck in second gear. At the track, I was diving into to a slow speed hairpin and downshifting to second, then uh, uh, oh @#$%! Drove it back to the pits from the far side of the track in second. Luckily the spacing was good enough so that no one caught up with me before I pulled off.

Both times I was lucky enough to have someone much better mechanically than me available to reassemble the piece and then zip tie it to its "mounting bracket." It's held up now for 3 track days and the trips to the track, but based on this discussion I just shot a PM off to Steve Powell. I'm going to replace these parts. It's a pretty fragile looking bit up there.

Check you engine/trans mounts...excessive engine roll can cause this problem....
As for engine roll: I have all 3 VF engineering motor mounts. Maybe excessive engine vibration too, eh? Heh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts