Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a Zetec block for $200 . i am going take the cylinder head of the new block, take it to shop and have them port and polish the head. is this worth it?? thay are going to charge $900 to p&p then install the new head. should i do cam,Gear....Ect at the same time?? like two bird with one stone. what would my WHP be? Has enyone done this?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
get them to specify what their gonna do in their service, ie how much work. seems fair, but yes get it all done at once. make sure that they are gonna put it on (need new head bolts and gasket as well). power will be based on what other mods you have, how good the work is, and tuning.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
446 Posts
Last time I asked around my town, they will do the port and polish + milling if you want for about $1000. That is goin to be done with CNC machine for accuracy and precision. And the guy also told me they are goin to include the new bolts, valves, gaskets and titanium springs and retainers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
OO and yes... it'll save ur time and money if you also change the cams and cam gears together with the p&p head.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What part would Thay need to Complete the install? Would i beat the 200hp mark??

look at my profile for mod list. I got beat bye a 4 door Honda Accord at the Track

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes u can beat 200 whp mark but u gonna need a lot of money. A p&p head and compressed to 10.6:1, cams stage 3, cam gears, titanium springs and retainers, and Ferrea valves will be good enough for a modified head. Then add complete exhaust system from header to catback and use no cat. For air flow, go for FC intake manifold, FC 70mm TB, ProMAFS, and well designed intake (like volant) will be a good combination for intake system. An addition of chip or pectel for fuel management and timing and much more stuff it can do is recommended. Those all will prolly bring u to about 170-190 whp (rough guess).

One important thing is that pectel played a big role in bringing FC NA car to pass 200 whp

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to go ahead with the cams and cam gears . i am going with the FR stage 3 cam. the idal suck but hoo cares. thay are going to P & P and mill the head for $350 the install the cam gears ,cam shaft put it in the car .all for $1200+ . is this worth it.
This inclued the parts.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually that's not a very bad price man. You can control the idle with the help of chip. Chip will cost u about $300.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It'll be ok but for daily driving, stage 2 cams is recommended. Like I said, a chip will help control your idle and it can be programmed so that u get an optimal performance from your head package.

·
Registered
446 Posts
OO you can run stage 3 intake cam with stage 2 cam. I have seen couple ppl here doing that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am tired of getting beat by VTEC. but i don't want to ruin the performance. YES ITS AT THE TRACK.

i ran 119whp 123wflbs . i need more power. but my father willn't let my turbo/supercharge the car

What would vaules and retainers Do?
i am refuring to the Ford Racing Cam 2000-8000rmp range{stage 3). A friend(eggyolkbill) told my the best cam is the Crane Stage 2 is the best. is that true??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Every cams have their own good and bad. Crane cams will give u more low to mid end power. Crower cams is good for its high end power. If I am not wrong, the FR cams are crane cams, they share the same specs. Do a research about it cause I am not really sure.

Well if you can't have ur car FI'd then u have to build it slowly unless u have lots of $$. Those aftermarket valves, springs and retainers are stronger and lighter and will help the performance a bit.

I also recommend the ARP stud bolts set. They are bolts that hold the head. They are of course stronger than the stock and important when u change the head.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got my chip burned about 1year 3mouth ago. It's a diablo sport. can i reburn ,to sut the car?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sure u can dude. It'll be better if u can have it burn at local shop cause it'll save your time and it's better if they also know what you are doin and what programs are needed for your mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts