Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of grind would i want for the supercharged action?Thanks I am just planning out next year to see what i need to do....

Or maybe start early...(yeah right)

Robert

PS who else should i talk to about runnin boost with a head (besides the boost forums thx!)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noone huh? Noone on this vast Focus realm has used both? Not even to drive around the block with? Or heard from a friend who heard it from a friend?

Thanks guys and gals...
Robert

·
Registered
128 Posts
since no one else is going to chime in, i asked this question a while back and got a few responses. from what i gather the combo works fairly well but unless i have my words mixed up, the better flowing head causes you to lose boost. i think. if i have it mixed up some one please correct me. but from what i recolect i got positive remarks from everyone about it. good luck!!

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I ment to post earlier but got sidetracked. Good head is always good. The main limitation is that a m45 blower can only pump so much air. You may get to the point of diminishing return where the head is capible of flow but the blower runs out of steam. The upside is while there is a limit to how much power you will make with a JRSC you'll be making that level of power with a lower level of boost due to the free flowing head. This is good because it's less stress on the engine.

As for cams? I'm sold on the Esslinger intake cam for FI applications.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about the wolff setup when it does come out man?

thx for the reply.

and just the intake cam? where could i buy that from is it alot cheaper to get just one?

thx again

robert

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Seeing as how a better flowing head bascially fills more air/fuel into and out of the cylinders, I would think the M45 would only bebefit from this mod. I'd doubt the increased CFM flow of a head would sap the blower's capability to fill the combustion chambers (boost). If anything, it should increase the efficiency of the blower by giving the forced air less restriction into the chambers.
The argument for decreasing boost might well be suited more to cam grind specs with greater exhaust durations. Correct?

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Seeing as how a better flowing head bascially fills more air/fuel into and out of the cylinders, I would think the M45 would only bebefit from this mod. I'd doubt the increased CFM flow of a head would sap the blower's capability to fill the combustion chambers (boost). If anything, it should increase the efficiency of the blower by giving the forced air less restriction into the chambers.
The argument for decreasing boost might well be suited more to cam grind specs with greater exhaust durations. Correct?
You are correct in general, it's just the M45 blower is kinda on the small side to begin with. The freer flowing head will make it easier for the blower to force the air in. The volume of air pumped won't change, the presure required to force it into the cylinder will drop though.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I guess I'm surprised the blower wouldn't maintain the pressure. In effect the boost would be greater down lower in the rpm range then. I'd like to see that set up dyno'd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts