Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After porting a stock throttle body and putting it on my car the idle is way high 1200-1500rpm then it drops to 750 where its suppose to be, after putting about 10-15 miles on it the emmisions light came on and the motor is ideling about 1000rpm. Anybody have a problem like this and how do I fix it??? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
you might want to check that you got everything connected correctly... Unless you messed up your TPS... which in that ase I think its a pretty cheap part to replace.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
leak

or tps...remember to hook it up? if you didnt, even if you did hook it up afterwards, you need to unplug your batt and thus reset the ecu.

-Ult

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a similar problem when I re-ported my t/b ( I wasn't happy with it the first time) When I put my t/b on the second time it was idling high and the CEL came on. All I did was start the car let it warm up and idle down. Then I just got an allen key and adjusted the throttle stop until it went down to the right rpm

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I wonder how many times I've seen you say that...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I wonder how many times I've seen you say that...
Well, He is absolutely right though. That adjustment is strictly a throttle stop. It's sole purpose is to prevent the throttle plate from closing in the throttle body too tight and causing a sticking pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts