Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Focus SVT I just got a ported throttle body in. Upon installation i could tell the improvement right off the bat, but that wasn't all i could tell. My idle shot up to about 2,000RPM and would come back down to about 1,100 after a few seconds (900 being normal idle); well that was when the tach wasnt bouncing from about 1,300-2,000rpm not to mention while taking it out of gear it really dragged coming back down to idle at the extent of my car barely slowing down while down shifting. Also after driving about 7-8miles the check engine light came on and the car shuddered a little too. My car sounded different when i turned it off which i thought was strange. I made sure everything was connected properly, the TB was securly tightend down I double checked that. I even disconnected the battery for an hour to let the computer reset itself. When I reinstalled the non Ported TB the car went back to working as it normally did. I thought that maybe the problem could of been a bad wire or sensor, whatever that cable runs into on it. So i even switched them out. I took the one off the Ported TB and put it on the non ported one. The non ported one still worked fine when i tested it out. I really have no idea what the problem is. My friends theory is that the car might be getting too much air due to the port. I have a CAI and I have a predator tune. I am really at my last rope in trouble shooting what could be wrong, i really liked the gain i felt b/c it really broke the wheels loose while shifting into 2nd which was great lol. Also the numbers match up on both throttle Bodies the one i got is an SVT one the numbers were all the same, they were identical looking too. If anyone can help me trouble shoot this i would be much obliged.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
check your tps?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Im not too up to speed on the lingo, what does tps stand for?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if tps means throttle position sensor then yea i checked it i would imagine that is the thing that i switched out between the two throttle bodies to test for. I guess i will check for vacuum leaks tomorrow and hope that i find one.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
i'm having similar problems w/ my zx3. I'm boosted but the problem happened long before that. The problem still persist's. I think it may be the TPS. Which is the one sensor located on the throttle body that the plug clicks on to am i correct? I have done everything except for ripping my whole intake manifold off and checking the IAC valve. That is THE ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts