Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you Port the stock throttle body, approximately how much power do you gain, and is it worth doing or should I just by an aftermarket one. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
729 Posts
do a search on this,,,ull find some good detailed instructions,,,,as for power i dont think u gain much if any on top,,,but your throttle is o so more responsive,,,,and i noticed part throttle power was really the biggest gain...and a ported tb should last u a long time until u start gettin into really heavy mods, so buying a new one is completly up to u

·
Registered
106 Posts
Actually...I just ported mine a few days ago and it is sooo worth it. It costs you around 3 dollars for the epoxy...thats it as long as you can get ahold of a dremmel. It has to be one of the easiest mods for very very little money. If you search for "porting stock tb" you will find tons of information, not to mention step by step instructions with pictures from Ult and many other accredited names on the FJ. Good luck.

·
Registered
729 Posts
lol black,,,i did mine monday,,,absolutly love it

·
Registered
62 Posts
damn, i paid 4 bucks for glue, i got ripped off!!!
anyways, i did mine last saturday and it is sooo worth doing, extremely easy and the throttle response is way better, helped me shave off a half second in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i paid 5.50 at auto zone

·
Registered
670 Posts
x415- Why did you buy glue/epoxy at the auto parts store? Home Depot or even Longs Drugs should have it...? Anyway, you wasted more then that buying your last Starbucks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i was initially gunna do it sunday night,,,,so i didnt get the chance to get the glue till after 8,,,,all the stores were closed,,,,,autozone was the only still open,,,,only reason i didnt port it sunday night was lack of sun,,(har har) and increased alchohol intake

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
JB Weld also works REALLY Well if you take your time and apply it in Gradual Coats so it doesn't run.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
How do you Port the stock throttle body, approximately how much power do you gain, and is it worth doing or should I just by an aftermarket one. Thanks for the help.
You don't gain ANY top-end power. If you do, it's Minor.
What you gain is Partial Throttle Power.
In other words, quicker throttle response.
If you do a Search, and see just what it is that's being bored away, you'll see how it really only affects the first half of butterfly movement.
Basically, when it's Stock, there's a lip that only allows the Front side of the opening to be utilized until it's around 70% open.
After that point, it's Full Diameter, w/ only an issue of "Flow Disruption", not "Final Volume".
When you bore it, you're using BOTH Front and Rear sides of the T/B fairly Equally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts