Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off,I'm deciding on whether or not I should port out my TB. Is it worth it? Some people say its like or even better than after market,is this true? I also heard that the intake manifold can be ported,is this true? Is it worth it? Any answers would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
its the best bang for the buck if you port your TB, best 4 bucks you'll ever lay down.

you can port an intake mani but its best to port the 2000 version of it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I second that you should port your throttle body. It's super easy, and for the couple of bucks for epoxy, and the 2 hours it'll take it's way worth it

·
Registered
519 Posts
Can I get some pics of your cars'?

Here is an example of before/after....

Andrew

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome,thanks for that write up. Which dremel piece would I be using? How long does it take to port it and how long should I let it cure?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I used the angled (but not pointy) burr bit. Took a couple hours. I did not need epoxy for mine, but mine is different.

Andrew

·
Registered
719 Posts
i just used the cylindrical sanding bit, it went right through the plastic without a problem, i had a high idle after doing it so i adjusted the idle screw deal, and fixed that, it's been a month or so with no problems, some people said adjusting the screw would throw a cell but it hasn't happend. i think i put it back where it needed to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts