Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving down the road and I looked down and saw that my battery light was on. I looked at my voltmeter and it read at about 16 volts. Then the light went back off and the meter just kinda fluctuated between 14.4 and 16. Then the light came back on a few more times after that. I was like WTF! When I would stop though it would drop back down to 14.4 volts. Which is what it should be at. Then late last night I was driving some friends home and all of a sudden my lights turned off. Just the headlights though. Not the parking lights. I turned off the switch and then turned it back on and they came back on. The car seems to be running fine though. I haven't had any stalling problems or surging problems that would lead me to believe that it was the alternator. Just some really funky electrical problems. Please HELP! Thanks!

-Josh

·
Registered
657 Posts
i am having the same thing and mines not the alt... there is a short in the 3 wire plug!!! im in the middle of trying to find it now so as soon as i do ill get back to ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts