Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Within a few weeks, i will probably parting out my infra-red ZX3 SVT. Mileage only about 75K.
I am waiting for it to be towed/moved to my apartment garage (don't tell my landlord :cool: )

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
:(

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Ouch. hard hit. Lengthened the left side wheelbase by a few inches.

·
small Member
6,604 Posts
I have a laundry list of parts I want from it to repair this 170k+ mi one I have. Various getrag parts, interior parts, headlight housings, etc. Let me know if you'd like me to send the list. Are there any mods in decent condition? Short shifter, interior, engine mods, etc? Might even buy the head. Mirror caps and sidemarkers too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Might be interested in the front bumper or drivers door if its unscathed. Keep us updated, sorry to see such a clean, low miles car go!

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Well, we are SVT owners. We all need a few bits for the damn things. Always.

Too bad the rear bumper is tatered, I'd love to find a red one with good paint.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Do you have the stock hood?

Kind of interested in the headlights... but the price will probably be more than I want to spend.

Also kind of interested in the front bumper, price dependent.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry people that i haven't answered any of u. i forgot to "subscribe" to my own post and kind of lost track of it :p.

looks like i need to work on two other cars before i can part out this one. i purchased a '98 Acura Integra, slammed, shaved with nice wheels and undersized tires :( . not my scene but was hoping to turn it into an SVT beater. NOT. so i need to do a little work on it then sell it.

then i found a high mileage 2006 ZX4 ST up in Portland which i purchased. it will become my daily driver and my SVT brakes and maybe suspension will find it's new home on it.

so first i need to get the ST set up as a reliable daily driver (belts, hoses, fluids, brakes, plugs, etc), then some work cleaning up the Acura and selling it, finally part out the SVT.

if anyone is close to the Shasta Mall area and has a place to work on cars (i'm in an apt w/ single garage) maybe with time to help me, we could work out an SVT part exchange for space and labor :) ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, i have thoroughly repented for ever thinking that a ricer could beat my breathed on SVT (or stock one for that matter). I will never again buy a honda, i will never again purchase a ricer, i will never again buy Japanese (well there are a few worth considering: Mazdaspeed Miata, S2000).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lorin, sorry but i don't have the stock hood. long story, but it's in Germany somewhere courtesy of the USA military :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, seems like i am way north of all the focus population even in "NorCal" . :p
it will be probably a month or even two before i can clear out all my other auto projects...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For this moment, i will be using the suspension and brakes (and pedals) on my 2006 ZX4 ST. I may even be using the front clip to give my ZX4 ST a different look. Plus then I could use my carbon Seibon EVO-style hood and projector lights.

Sooooooo. available will be the drive train (75K engine/Getrag) and interior including seats, door panels, console, maybe dash and instruments cluster.

More details in a few weeks, to appear in the "for sale" section...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts