Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the instalation instructions for the JR supercharger and it states that the power steering reservoir has to be relocated and the rubber hose between the ps pump and the reservoir to be cut? Is that the same rubber hose that fails later?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
that fails later?

i had the JRSC on my zx3 and had to do the same relocation. All you are doing is shortening the hose and moving the resivoir in front of the coolant tank.

fairly simple actually

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the problem w/ Power steering happen only on SVT installation of JRSC or is it also true for ZX3? and what exactly fails - one of the rubber hoses?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i've never heard of it failing on the zx3... or the SVT at that. maybe im in the dark on this one... the only way I could see it fail is if you dont position the hose correctly and it sits against the pulley up there by the relocation location, it would slice into the hose.

when you say "fail" what are you referencing?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think one of the hoses that is failing is one of the pressurized hoses off the actual pump.

·
Registered
993 Posts
SonicBlueSVT is correct. It is a pressurized hose off the power steering pump. The hose you modify is only to supply the p/s with the fluid.

I had it replaced under warranty the FIRST time it happened, but now they are refusing warranty claims. Apparently Ford has gotten a lot of calls from service centers regarding this exact problem. It's funny because the SVT has this hose break whether FI or NA, but now that more than one FI engine has come down with this problem they've red flagged it. The service manager told me today that when they called the SVT Tech Hotline about my having a 2nd broke p/s, they actually flat out asked my dealer if I had the JRSC before they even told them. They said they have some special part they can throw on that should take care of the problem -- out of warranty of course. Sounds like BS...but who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts