Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there Guys and Girls, I have been contimplating what to get next for my car, and I want to purchase something I can feel, like when I got my 65mm throttle body. If anyone knows good solutions for under a grand let me know.
Thanks,
Tom
Here are 2 pics of my car too, its moddest, but its only 4 months old.

304 Posts
hmmm...for cheap u'll probably feel the most bang for the buck with a UDP. it all depends on what u wanna spend.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1,000 or less.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Since you open up the intake, why not open up the exhaust? $1,000 is enough whether you go shorty and H/F cat or a race header.

P.S. Did you get 5 year coolant (red coolant) from the dealer? Cause mine is the three year coolant (green Coolant).

[ 01-13-2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Fastwonder ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
$1000 or less

Underdrive pulley $140
focus central race header $360
flexpipe $130
(magnaflow) catback $300

$930

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Underdrive pully wont work in my car too well, between 100 degree summers and 1100 watts for my sound system... as far as the coolant, I will have to get back to you on that.

[ 01-13-2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: MyCars2Slow ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
hey man... welcome to the jet!

you could make the drive up to Orlando and get some stuff from Hector at CFM.

Header $320
UDP $100
exhaust: 3-400
flex: 120-150
Gas for trip: $30

chance to meet a cool guy and support his shop: Priceless

http://www.c-f-m.com/

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
the 2 and ONLY bolt ons that you will SERIOUSLY feel are

Cams

Race header

Its that simple, ive been there, ive done that, NUMEROUS times, those 2 i guarantee that you will feel and love

·
Registered
489 Posts
the 2 and ONLY bolt ons that you will SERIOUSLY feel are

Cams

Race header
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unless you accidently "bolt-on" a Jackson Setup...Go for the cams man and a header...sure wish i could.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by Fastwonder:
P.S. Did you get 5 year coolant (red coolant) from the dealer? Cause mine is the three year coolant (green Coolant).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, looking at the pic above it looks to be an orangish color.

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is
MYCARS2SLOW

Haha, I dropped it a while back, it was just a little too much for me, I downsized to a 500 watt, 2 10 inch setup, but even that seems to be too much... I only say its slow because it feels that way too me, I drive around in a 2001 C5 Corvette as a weekend, and fun car, so its gunna take some work to get it up with the Vette. Later

Tom, this is my buddys name, I just forgot my pass word

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by MyCars2Slow:
$1,000 or less.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With the 65 mm TB your biggest restriction on the intake now is the MAF. Get the 70MM MAF then put on a UDP. You should still have enough for the exhaust. Personally I wouldn't do the exhaust unless you have enough to do the whole thing (shorty header, flex pipe, and cat back) because your exhaust is only as good as the smallest diameter piece. Same applies to the intake but since you already did the TB you need to finish it off with the MAF. UDP is a no brainer. Its an easy install and a guarenteed 3-4 hp across the power band.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by ferrethouse:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MyCars2Slow:
$1,000 or less.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With the 65 mm TB your biggest restriction on the intake now is the MAF. Get the 70MM MAF then put on a UDP. You should still have enough for the exhaust. Personally I wouldn't do the exhaust unless you have enough to do the whole thing (shorty header, flex pipe, and cat back) because your exhaust is only as good as the smallest diameter piece. Same applies to the intake but since you already did the TB you need to finish it off with the MAF. UDP is a no brainer. Its an easy install and a guarenteed 3-4 hp across the power band.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">except with only a shorty header, flex, and cat back you're still restricted with that POS catalytic converter.

either buy a race header or a high flow cat/shorty header, you'll get the most gains for the $$ with a race header though... just won't pass emissions. after that get a flex pipe and a cat-back exhaust. if you have any money left over get some cam gears and get them dyno tuned. udp is great and all, but if you want real power you're going to want to open up your intake and exhaust so you can get some beefy cams in there.

Nate

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by MyCars2Slow:
Underdrive pully wont work in my car too well, between 100 degree summers and 1100 watts for my sound system...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You say your car's too slow???
Well drop that 1100watt SoundSystem, and it might go a little more quickly!!!!
The UDP makes a decent difference for the cost. The temp shouldn't be a problem, and most people w/ decently large sound-systems have not had problems either.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks alot guys and girls, you have all been a huuuuuuuuuge help to me. Thanks for everything, if you think of anything els, just let me know,
THanks so much,
Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts