Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....i have the powerworks supercharger for my 03 focus.....the peoblem im having is from 0 2000 rpm......i have this spuddering.....i give it some gas and then let off the clutch and its fine...i talked to the techs at powerworks and they gave me somethings to look for.....i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and also he asked me if both HEGO sensors were working.......wtf is that.....anyways thanks for any help and suggestions......imou~

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
yes, he was talking about the o2 sensors...

please try and go into more detail about your problem.

how does it sputter?
up hill?
down hill?
on the flat?
light throttle, no load?
medium throttle, light load?
full throttle?

any specific speeds at those RPMs?
any specific load at those RPMs?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Double-check all your electrical and vacuum connections.

Not hard to forget to connect the Blower Bypass Valve (BBV) vacuum line on the backside of the blower.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ok maybe i cn help when he gets ready to take off from stop to go on any surface the car will start to sputter. i would say up until 2000rpm i heard it before so.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
kinda sounds like a vaccuum hose somewhere...just get a flashlight and get all up in the engine bay and look around

after my install and first initial start-up the car ran really rough, but after checking all the hoses and connectors we found one of the connectors to be only partly connected(crap, too much use of the word connect!!!)

so make sure to check thoroughly

Laz

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also, before you get too frustrated, check to see if your MAF sensor is flush and sealed to the new tube, and the same with your throttle body. Also check to see that your ABV (air bypass valve) is oriented in the proper direction as it is designed to go either way to accomodate SVT or base Ztec.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ill let him know he is concerned about this because we went to the track and he ran a 15.6 and his car is full tuned and i ran a 14.6 on my turbo zx5 that on a piggy back tuned and t3 turbo

·
Registered
272 Posts
ill let him know he is concerned about this because we went to the track and he ran a 15.6 and his car is full tuned and i ran a 14.6 on my turbo zx5 that on a piggy back tuned and t3 turbo
that really means very little.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
It could be possible that the MAFS connectors have been swapped over incorrectly or were damaged and are not making proper contact. I would also check your vacuum connectors as stated above.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
something else to check would be the breather vent from the valve cover to the intake tube should be sealed with a hose clamp at each end. we had some idle issues because of not clamping the hose but never any stumbling or studdering..

to be honest it could be anything.
if you are not too far south, you could bring it up here and i could take a look at it for you and get you squared away.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you also have a "check engine" light on, or just the driveability issue? Any other symptoms like high idle speed, rolling idle, or rough idle? I'd also suggest pulling the spark plugs and re-checking the gap, should be .045", and also check to see if any of the plugs are discolored.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts