Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one installed yet?? I think they are a little bit on the expensive side but you do get a lot of stuff with it. I just like to here some feedback form others on this. I like the water to air intercooler set up and they come with 12Lbs of boost. Also 50 state leagal as well so the emissions is no worry.

wickedzx5

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Chris Stout (airforcefocus) did very well at FocusChallenge with a PW kit. I believe he drove to Alabama and back as well without a glitch (is that right??)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yeah, just got done with my install, thanx to Airforce

it feels like the car pulls a little harder now, i think it's because of the throttle body

thanx again, Chris, you're THE MAN!!!

Laz

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
we have 2 Powerworks SC'ed cars in Vancouver now and they are running fantastic!.
install is involved but actually very simple, having a hoist really helps speed things up but it can be done over a weekend with a set of jack stands.
the end result is a car that is effortly fast with a perfectly smooth power band. idle to redline there is powere everywhere!. on one of our many dyno runs on the silver car, we were seeing basicly 150lb/ft from just off idle and 175+lb/ft from 2400rpm to 6000rpm.
the power is not going to rip you back into your seat, however to will just be able to watch your speedo effortlessly climb and you shift through the gears. to give you an idea, on the silver car before the PW kit we had all the basic bolt-ons, i/h/flex/e/tb/2000im/udp/camgeares/chip. with the PW kit, the car now accelerates faster and harder in 5th than before the kit in 3rd. passing on the highway is far easier now and downshifting is almost not needed at all anymore!

if you decide to go with a PW kit, let me know and we'll get you into one!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I believe he drove to Alabama and back as well without a glitch (is that right??)
Not on the Powerworks Kit that I'm aware... but I haven't been keeping up on his Schedule.

IIRC it'll be @ Jetfest, driven the whole way.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I have had my kit for about 6 weeks now. It is amazing how smooth the power is and how much fun the car is to drive now. The kit is designed to push 12lbs of boost at sea level. Up here in Idaho Falls, ID we are at 5,000 feet so I'm only seeing 8-9 lbs of boost. Stock the powerworks is an awesome piece of work but Im still anxious to get a smaller pulley on it to see if I can get 12lbs. Im also thinking about a 35 or 50 shot before the blower

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I believe he drove to Alabama and back as well without a glitch (is that right??)
Not on the Powerworks Kit that I'm aware... but I haven't been keeping up on his Schedule.

I drove the car to Atlanta, but not with the PW kit on it. After that fiasco with the tire in Texas, I think I'll be towing it this time behind the F-250.
I hate driving the 01 at night, those headlights are not the best.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got mine back exactly a week ago from ZX3tuning. It's more than enough for me, I'm loving every second of it. The engine never quits. It's definitely worth the money.

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
I drove 2 different Powerworks cars last Monday/Tuesday. I was VERY impressed with the 2.0 Zetec application. I'll get some seat time shortly in the SVT and Duratec cars and let you know.
Hmmm....Powerworks...and Duratec in the same sentence.....

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I was impressed by the look of the finished kit that Powerworks had @ Focus On The Beach. The fact that they drove their test mule from Michigan to SoCal tells me it's a high quality piece.

I don't think anyone would be disappointed in picking this up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about becoming a dealer for southern part of ontario i am totally impressed with the kit. Especially watching there car run at Milan dragway pulling off a 14.33 in the 1/4. All it had was the Throttlebody that comes with it and a set of cam gears and the limited slip. My only concern is the price. The price for the US is not bad because it is a very high quality kit. My only prob is when you convert to Canadian funds you have to multiply the
$4700 x 1.26 for the exchange. $5922.00 and also plus the wonderful 15% tax we pay. So now the total just went
$6810.30. So in the terms im looking for is there going to be many of us focus guys and girls wanting to spend That kind of money. I was very impressed with the kit and i would like to see on with a built bottom end to handle more boost. I think it has potential to get into the low 13 for fun!!!You have to remember that the calibration they do has to meet certain requirements to get the 50 state legal and emmissions so you know there is a lot to play with in the long run. Well i have a meeting with Jeff at powerworks this week so i will be finding out more about everything and be test driving the cars.
So if there is anyone in the southern part of ontario and is interested in a powerworks kit Contact Me through the PM.
Thanks

WPRacing

·
Registered
11,368 Posts

I drove the car to Atlanta, but not with the PW kit on it. After that fiasco with the tire in Texas, I think I'll be towing it this time behind the F-250.
I hate driving the 01 at night, those headlights are not the best.
Thanx for the clearification.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts