Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my slip

my previous best was a [email protected] with the exact same mods, things that were dif, was temp and humidity, i put spring spacers in the back springs and up'd the rear 16' psi to 45 to try to help with the weight transfer, and the track this time i was at gateway international raceway.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont ya love those spring rubbers lol. been usin them for ages now (picked up 4 fresh 1s last nite in fact).

good job by drag brother.

-Ult

PS-Now i just have to get to a track and 14.x my self and shed this .08 that i've had since june.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ult, where can i find spring rubbers at? I have been thinking about doing this for awhile, but cant find them anywhere.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i had some from when i had the turbo on, but i put the new ones in last night.
I think i can go a little bit lower with what i have, so i am just going to go another night then i will put the 75 jets in.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
rubber inserts for your springs to stiffen them (helpin the coils resist from compressing) in the rear specifically. like nascar when they say put a rubber in or took 1 out, to stiffen or soften the car on that side. stiffening the rear is key to keep the car from squatin on launch. if she squats, then its unloadin weight off the front and thus you start to loose traction. another good thing about these is that they are temporary, you can pull them in and out as you plz...as opposed to have a super stiff suspension.

some even run a couple up front (never as many though) to keep the front springs from goin up and down fast (wheel hop). lastly, their cheap, 4bux for a set of 4.

watch my videos....april video (no rubbers), may video (4 in the back), june video (8 in the back). need a couple up front now.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
can you buy them at different effective spring rates or what?

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Ult, there a rule of thumb to calculate how you'll change the eff. spring rate?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
doin like i do and tapin the rear wheel in action from a sid angle on launch up close...notin how many i used on what spring and what launch tactics were. then analyzin the video frame by frame for the amt of squat. thats about all you can do w/more $$$$ equipment.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
gotcha...sux, but you get what you pay for eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts