Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Primedia had debuted their new Focus Fanatic magazine which should be on the stands, if not now, very soon. A full install feature can be found on pages 74-78.

Featured are the dyno results from Austin Craig's car ranging from 3,000 to 5,700 rpm with baseline vs. turbo results. The article says that peak figures delivered 203-hp and 232 ft/lbs of torque.

These kits are now available at www.proturbokits.com. We are doing installs here at Precision in Chicagoland. Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, MI is another dealer. More dealer info to follow.

Call for more info and install and tuning prices.

Rod Short
Sales Manager
Precision Turbo
(219) 996-7832

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
do yall have a dealer in/near dallas, tx area?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got the mag at Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn Heights. It looks nice. No SVT kit though.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
4k for 200whp and no tuning? lil more bread, have the ability to do double that w/tuning included.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I guess this turbo is ment for low end power or the zx3 is just that way stock. My car has max power past 7,000rpms. The precision turbo dyno had max hp at 5,100 rpms with a little bit less hp at 5,700 rpms. It did show a good amount of torque increase from 3,000 up to 5,700 rpms.

I notice that the magazine that BBK had a small ad saying they plan to make a 70mm throttlebody for the svtf.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
4k for 200whp and no tuning? lil more bread, have the ability to do double that w/tuning included.

-Ult
Are you talking about the Precision kit?
Prehaps you should do a little more research before you go around bad mouthing a product.
I've read several times that the Precision kit needs to be installed by an approved shop and that dyno tuning is part of it.

This is the one thing I don't like about it. I'd like to order a kit, install it, and go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chassis dyno figures horsepower at the wheels. The 225 figure was at the crank. The figures that the magazine published were actually HIGHER than what we came up with (187) during initial testing.

You're right, this is intended to be just a street kit. The GT28R is only rated at about 300-hp at the crank. You can always go with a larger turbo. We've got Honda's and Neon's pushing 1,000 at the wheels right now But then you get into the tradeoff of lag time vs. power and whether or not you want a driveable street car or a race car.

I totally agree with those who say they want a kit that would just bolt on and go. As I've said before, the two biggest issues with turbo kits industry wide is fit and driveability. We don't want people slamming us because of a poor install or because someone can't tune the car. We want our customers to get the results seen in this magazine. We know how to do that. Not everyone does.

Right now, we're offering install and tuning in our shop for $700. Turnaround time is two weeks. We also have an install facility in Michigan.

Rod Short
Sales Manager
Precision Turbo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts