Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really basic question, but I'd appreciate your help.

Can a Pro Racer kit be traded or exchanged between more than one car? Is it possible to purchase a kit from someone secondhand and apply the software and flasher to another car? Thanks...

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a turbo kit that someone is taking off thier car to sell and they have the SCT Pro Racer and are selling it along with the kit. Does that help...

What new stuff are you referring to, BTW?

CCC

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Well, this Pro Racer, is it the old chip version with burner or flasher version? What data logger is it?

SCT offered to upgrade XCal1 users a while ago, but I think they are done with that now. I dunno, just seems like buying old stuff wouldn't be that great of an idea when the XCal2 version of the Pro Racer is much better IMO. Also the new SCT Mako ( Advantage III ) that I'm testing will be available soon to Pro Racers.

Keep in mind that each Pro Racer comes with ONE database, also. If you need another database they are $200.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't tell you much, other than that it is a Pro Racer for an SVT so I'd assume that meand that its a flasher version and comes witha Predator. I also can only assume that its the older version.

Where can I find the current differences as well as information on the Database...not too sure what you meant by that. Unfortuneatly I have been out of the SCT loop for a while, since I never thought I'd have a need for it anytime soon...unless those cams are ready.

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A simple yes or no will work. I have a guy who has a kit thats looking to sell, and it comes with teh software, flasher and Raptor...I just need to know if it will work with my car or not, regardless of whats better out there...because I can always upgrade if needed. I just want to make sure that if I go through with the sale, that the tuning will do its job and I won't be playing hinde and seek with pistons in my front yard.

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot...now I understand what at stake. I can find the ECU code on the door of the car, correct? Reflashes (warranty) don't change the code, do they? Anyway it looks like the sale is going to fall through anyway, but its good to know regardless.

So what exactly is available in an XCalibur2 in terms of features over a Pro Racer? Price? Looks like I'm staying NA, and therefore its time to get the reflash that these SVTs seem to require. Thanks much.

CCC

·
Registered
296 Posts
Could you swap ECU's with him as well. The flasher is VIN locked to that ECU.
It might work?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could swap ECU's but that would require the keys and ECUs to be swapped and aligned by the Ford dealer to satisfy PATS. Too much work and cost IMO.
No kidding...thanks for the heads up.

CCC

·
Registered
296 Posts
You could swap ECU's but that would require the keys and ECUs to be swapped and aligned by the Ford dealer to satisfy PATS. Too much work and cost IMO.
I thought the PATS was the other box bolted to the ECU. Or can you just swap transponders out of the keys? I've never tried to pull it out of there.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Bump for a new question along the original subject lines.

I'm selling my car. I no longer need my SCT PRP and would like to try and sell it. If I can sell it, I understand that I will only get a fraction of what I paid for it. But every penny counts right? And no sense in just throwing it in the trash which is where it is slated for right now.

Here's what I have:
--Old skool simgle program red SCT chip and burner from the first production run.
--Database for one computer code (LFQ0).
--The laptop that the software was on crashed or I would just sell the laptop with the kit and eliminate the need for the buyer to get a new software key.
--However, I do have a desktop that still has a working copy of the software on it.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

If I can find somebody that has an LFQ0 computer, they could possibly use it if I throw the desktop into the deal.

Does anybody know what it would cost somebody to get a new key and new database from SCT?

Thought I'd ask here first before I go straght to SCT.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Thanks Randy! :thumbup::thumbup:

If somebody buys my hardware, would you be willing to sell them the software? If so, any idea on cost?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Again, big thanks Randy. That's actually lower than I expected.

I'm going to post up an add in the classifieds. Is it OK if I quote your price for the software in the add (with a disclaimer that they should verify current pricing with you)?

And just to make sure, the new software will work with the old single chip burner right?

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Randy if i get a 2nd Xcal2 what would u charge me for the file for a 06 F350 so i could have it and my focus on my pro racer. i guess all i would need is the base file for the f350 right

1 - 20 of 24 Posts