Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few weeks ago I fouled a set of plugs. This was with the stock injectors, right after I had installed my Diablo chip. I'm pretty sure that I locked the injectors open because after installing the Diablo, power from 6-7k was non-existant, like I hit a wall, it just did not want to go faster. After doing that once (hitting the wall) my car burbled and died on my way home, suprize!, wet fouled spark plugs.

Switched the spark plugs, floored the car while turning the car on, and it roared to life. I immediatly turned it off and installed 19lb injectors and the appropriate MAFS. Install is a breeze and the car runs perfect. A few days later I install the FC Race Manifold, and 70mm TB, still runs perfect. Fast forward 1 week. Crusing, my car sumbles BAD, and then dies. What could it be, but a set of wet fouled spark plugs again. Damnit. I was pissed, I thought that I had solved it w/ the injectors.

So, thinking it was the ignition not providing enough spark, I ordered the Screamin Demon Coil. Bought another set of plugs, and gapped them to .065. Installed all that today, and turned the car on, immediately it sounded exactly the same as what it had before when the plugs were fouled.
It died, so I turned it back on and revved it to 6k and let off the gas, when the revs fell they fell past the idle and died instantly. Pulled the plugs and wouldn't you know it, FOULED.

This is what they look like after turning the car on 2 times.

Any ideas at all? I'm ripping my hair out right now....

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
All these times, you seem to be running the car pretty hard right after you install the new stuff.. not letting the adaptive ECU get used to the new settings...

take it easy... lets not get to 6K RPM for the first lil bit.....

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I revved it to 6k to hopefully burn out all the excess fuel...

BTW, somone just suggested that it might be an incorrectly calibrated MAFS or faulty MAFS to be fouling stuff that quickly, sound about right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts