Ford Focus Forum banner

Problem With My FSVT

472 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blownsvt 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have a question. Ok about 2 weeks ago i got the NEW computer update YFRO or i think that's what it's called. Ok well ever since then at 6,000 rpm's that DSI dose not switch over anymore. But my DSI Cabel is fine and i keep checking it and i have no idea what has happened to it. It feels a little bit Slower now like going up a heel it feel's slower. If you guys could tell me what to look for that would help out so MUCH. Thanks

#3 ·
normally at 6k you can hear a change in the engine sound and it seems like the car gets a little kick in the butt.

As far as checking it any further, I am not sure. If you can't feel it or hear the change, bring it in and see if ford can find something. If something were wrong with it I would think a cel would come on unless it was just a broken switch, but you ruled that out.

#4 ·
You can actually have some one rev it up, and then you look under the hood at the switch and see the cable pull on the switch. Have you checked you mods to make sure they are all on right? Dirty filter on AEM CAI? Maybe exhaust leaks on orp bolts or borla bolts? I would look over all the mods make sure they are alright, and clean your air filter if you havent in a while. Have you actually looked in your engine bay while some one revs you car up to see the dsi not move?

#6 ·
Well, I would think that once to see if the dsi is moving wouldnt hurt. I wouldnt recomend doing it every day to check the dsi. But, once just to check it out wouldnt hurt anything in my opinion. But, you could always just listen for that sweet sound at 6K when you stab the gas in first or second. I say first or second cause I wouldnt do too many runs in third or above at 6K...might be breaking a few speed limit laws then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.