Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if somebody have problem with their Diablo chip when installing it ??? ( blown ecu after installing the chip or something like that...)

I am waiting my FVV7 chip from Focussport !

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
sorry for the hijak but....... do they have a chip for DEA5?

word of caution on the topic, do not instal chip with your keys in the ignition. very bad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
sorry for the hijak but....... do they have a chip for DEA5?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry man... I dont understand what hijak mean( my english is not perfect...)....

I don't know if they have DEA5 chip.... Ask Randy ! Me, i test drive the FVV7 chip for Focussport.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I was trying to think of the word in french but my high school level french is not helping me. What I mean is, sorry to take over the topic from you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bah ! No problem with this !!!

Thanks for the info !

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have toasted a chip, but never the ECU. A common problem is when you take your car in for service, they may inadverdently reflash your ECU.

Two things to remember:
1) As TXFO said, NEVER install your chip with the key in the ignition. When you insert the key, even in "off', you have energized the ECU. Installing a chip with an energized ECU will fry both the chip and the ECU
2) When handling the chip, make sure you have properly grounded yourself before you touch the chip. Electrostatic discharge will also fry a chip.

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
to add to what H2Oboy said, avoid touching the contacts of the chip. You may accidently shock the chip if you are carrying a static charge.

·
Registered
662 Posts
....... do they have a chip for DEA5?
I just checked the Diablosport dealer download area and they have a download for DEA6, but not DEA5.

If you can afford to do without your car for a few days, overnight them your PCM, they will read your computer, create a download for it and overnight your PCM back to you. Of course you pay S&H both ways.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I have like the first focus ever built and there still isnt a DL for it. thanks for checking for me.
I'll look into it.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I just got in a DEA5 ecu I was going to send to fordchip in preparation for my tranny swap. I'd be willing to send it to anyone who wants it to make a program if it helps out the manual guys. Whoever I send it to would just send it out to fordchip instead of back to me, that's all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts