Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a Custom burned diablo from a person here on Focaljet a few days ago. As a part of the program it turns off the dpfe sensor and the 2nd o2 sensor.

The first time I turned it on it wouldn't turn on and then I realized that I hadn't gone down far enough on the contacts. Re-cleaned and tried again. The car started right up, and I know the chip was working because my idle was at 1200rpms. I left my house and drove down the block. The car was driving great, you could tell the chip was doing its job. I came to a stop sign and the car died. It would not start at all. I pulled the chip out on the side of the road and reset the ecu. The car started, but ran like [censored] for 2 seconds and died.

Now when I installed my head, and tried to turn it on the 1st time it would not start either. It had the exact same symptoms as there is now, puttered and died after a few seconds. It turned out that I had left the DPFE sensor disconnected, so I connected it and on the 1st try, it started right up and ran fine.

Anyway back to my car on the side of the road. I started it up, and attempted to drive it back to my house like that. It was backfiring and running like ass until I held it at 3k for a few seconds and it cleared up gradually and then ran normal. I drove back to my house and parked it in my garage. Immediately after turning it off I turned it back on and it ran fine again.

Today I try to put the chip back in and it does not seem to run correctly so I remove it. After that, same thing as the day before. It runs like the DPFE is disconnected. I attempted to drive it down the block so that maybe it would clear up again, but to no avail. I disconnected the dpfe and it acts exatly the same as with it plugged in.

Could the Diablo have destroyed my DPFE sensor?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, the chip looks like this. I've never seen one like it, but it says Diablosport on the back of it. It's from CFM.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't even the DPFE, it was a combonation of me running too cold of a plug and too small of a gap. Plugs were wet fouled.

·
Registered
556 Posts
glad you fixed it BTW that's the new version(what ever it's called) I have the older 1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts