Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
It would probably work just fine... some people have problems with weak mounting points on those AEM knockoffs. The Cosmo knockoff looks to be a bit higher in quality, its twice as much as that one but still way less than an AEM:

You can probably find it on eBay. If your going to go that route look into getting a bypass for it too.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I had the bomz, I wasn't happy w/it, I prefered the iceman w/a cone filter lol.........for a while people were saying the bomz was the way to go, but now everybody talks about heat soak sooooo you're getting into a whole new world right there lol.....it's crazy how technical an intake can be nowadays

·
Registered
566 Posts
Heatsoak, meatsmoke (not that it doesn't exist)... I had an AEM CAI for a while and loved it up to the day I hydrolocked my motor with it. I switched to a Volant after that expensive lesson. A bypass valve probably would have saved my motor and I'd still be pimpin' it. I feel like the Volant performs just as well but I do miss the sound of the CAI.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The metal on the cai's heats up way to much. Mine heated up so much you couldn't even touch it. I also had other issues with it. Now Im running SVT snorkle/K&N filter/iceman add-on and I am more then happy.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Any way to keep heat soak from making my intake so hot that I can't even touch it? I have a K&N Typhoon S/Ram. While I love the raspy sound at WOT, the temps are robbing a bit of power. I can totally feel it when I am sitting in traffinc. Try to get on it a bit and lug around horribly for a few minutes until things cool down. The engine sounds like it is making power, but after sitting in traffic, it's so weak that my brother's scooter would probably keep up reasonably well. I've heard of heat-reflecting intake wraps. Are these any good? Where would I find these?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts