Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proof... My car isn\'t just for show. (Pics Inside)

These were snapped at the Push it to the Limit Event I entered on Sunday.

Look at the body roll.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Re: Proof... My car isn\'t just for show. (Pics Inside)

VERY nice!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good I almost cracked the top 20 in my class. I learned a ton about braking and carrying speed though the course.

·
Registered
33 Posts

The Results are here Simon.....
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/pitl0304_results.html
you were actually 21st in your class (67th overall). But for your first time out...there should be no complaints. You ran well and didn't make any silly amature mistakes. You got faster as your runs progressed. Plus I know how hard it is when you are racing on street tires!! Congrats!!

I managed 8th in C-mod (26th overall out of 79 cars) with my little CRX.

So you running on the 17th of August? I may bring my Focus to that event!!

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Cool I was looking for the results. I can't believe how quick some people were.
I'm just happy that I didn't DNF any of my runs and a sub 60sec run was a good goal for the day.

I'm planning on running both of the events Aug 9th and 10th and the PITTL event again on the 17th. I'm really looking to do as many events as I can before the end of the season.

I'll have my suspension and tire problems resolved for the next event so it should be interesting to see if I can make and more progress.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Rock On Simon....
Give 'em Hell....

She'll come around... We NEED to find a way to get together sometime...
Coming South in the Forseeable Future?
I'll be Glad to put you up in Knoxville...
(I-75, I-40, and the End of I-81's Close... all come through town, so it's a fairly major Junction....)
Give me a Shout.... Maybe you can come through sometime when we're having an event here, and I can really help you out...

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Re: Proof... My car isn\'t just for show. (Pics Ins

even with those boxes on the side for the numbers, they're still written in shoe polish on the window. Thats ford racing for ya!

(i'm not being an a-hole, i'm just trying to be funny. so don't take it seriousely!
)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Rock On Simon....
Give 'em Hell....

She'll come around... We NEED to find a way to get together sometime...
Coming South in the Forseeable Future?
I'll be Glad to put you up in Knoxville...
(I-75, I-40, and the End of I-81's Close... all come through town, so it's a fairly major Junction....)
Give me a Shout.... Maybe you can come through sometime when we're having an event here, and I can really help you out...
I'm in Atlanta today and tomorrow morning flying home Friday afternoon. I've got a project coming up in Memphis later this year so I should be able to work something out around that time. I've also got two big projects starting near Ashville NC next month so maybe I'll have to plan to stay over for a weekend and make the trek over to Knoxville.

I wish we could have a meet somewhere that could involve either a track or autoX weekend. I know about the VIR meet but frankly it's just a little too late in the year for me. Maybe something next spring or summer. The FX meets are great fun but adding in a AutoX would be fantastic.

Looks like I've got my suspension gremlins fixed now and I ordered a set of 205/50/15 Azenis for my stock wheels so I don't have to roll on the 55lb 18's. It should be interesting to see how much I can learn in the remaining events this year.

I'll let you know before I come done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.