Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IIRC the suspension setup is almost identical from '00-'11 minus the struts. Can someone confirm this? I'm looking at replacing my rear control arm bushings (possibly the front) with prothane bushings but they only have kits listed for '00-'06. Does anyone know of a company that sells poly bushings for '08-'11 or will the ones from the '00-'06 work? I did some searching on here as well as google and I can't seem to find a definitive answer. There is a lot of talk about poly bushings for the MK1 but nothing for the MK2. Does anyone have a list of parts from the MK1 and MK2 and what the differences would be in the main suspension parts (i.e. Rear LCA, Front LCA, sway bar front/rear, etc...)?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone reading this in the future, I just went ahead and bought the kit from prothane. P/N 6-2026 which is the complete kit for 00-'06 focus including SVT. So far all the parts have fit without an issue. So in answer to my own question, yes, the kit for the 00-'06 will work on all models from 00-11'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts