Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For street and a little strip they were pretty good but I just got done with my first auto-x with them and yuck!!! Sliding everywhere and no traction out of turns at all!! If you race auto-x I suggest staying away from this tire

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was my first at this course but overall for about 2 years

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I ran anywhere from 35 to 50 psi. 35psi felt a little better but I had too much roll over. I think I came across a little harsh. The 4s are an awesome tire for the money and in every other aspect I love them but they just didnt seem to grip as well as I would like for auto-x. Im going to try some different things next weekend to see if I can get some faster times

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just kinda got my hopes up because they work really well for street and they were pretty good at the strip too but those are totally different from auto-x. What tire do you recomend?

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Aren't they all season tires? Is there a better all season tire you're comparing them to?
The Proxes4 are an "all-season tire", according to Toyo. Still, I wouldn't give them much chance in any winter driving condition.

I've found them to be a great all-around tire with a lot of stickiness in its first part of life. If I ran any dedicated autoX or track event, I would definitely go to a more dedicated performance tire...possibly the Proxes T1-R's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
These are not the tires for autox. Falken RT615 or something similar would be appropriate for autox/street tires. Pick up the latest issue of grassrootmotorsports magazine and they have tested all the current hot tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts