Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up man, im from Walterboro SC. you can feel a great differance in the OEM pulley and a FS(they cant be too differant) pulley. i never did any timed racing or dyno to tel
l the differance.you might notice the sexy noise it makes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have the afx udp and i noticed it revs up a bit faster, but i wasnt able to really feel any difference. also, i am kind of using one of my friends cars as a baseline, and i beat him a little bit more after i got the pulley put on. i think it is a good mod just for the price

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
crank pulley is usually smaller or larger than stock.. the alternator is usually just a lighter pulley...if ur low on cash pick up the afx, if u wanna spend a lil more pick up the Focus Central 3 pc pulleys. comes with crank, smaller, waterpump, larger, and a lightened alternator pulley. also retained the stock belts. i have the 3 pc and love it

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ok first off.. what is the difference with the Pulleys? Crank and Alternator? performance with both? or can i only do one? and is the Focus Central #pc kit the best one in everyone's opinion?

·
Registered
11 Posts
KicknZX3,

How easy did the FC 3 piece install. I am looking to get that as my first mod and was looking at my stock ones the other day. To a person who has never done this sort of thing before, it seems pretty cramped. Are special tools required to do this type of swap?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The AFX has the most underdrive of all the pullies offered for the Focus, and its one of least expensive. I have it and it made the car feel quicker. Great product.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
scoots the install went very easy.. just the alternator pulley was a pain. but hell u payed for three, put it on...will just take a little time unless u dun have an impact around, then sell it as an aem udp
...also after driving some after the install, check the water pump pulley to make sure its all in check...also u may need to do a little sanding on the cover for the crank pulley to get a good fit when u put the cover back on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts