Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not really worth it with all that equipment.
Not being a smart-ass here, but you'd probably notice just as much of a difference if
you shed the weight of all that stereo
equipment.
The gains of a UD pulley are noticeable on a dyno.
But you won't really "feel" it anyway.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
It's not really worth it with all that equipment.
Not being a smart-ass here, but you'd probably notice just as much of a difference if
you shed the weight of all that stereo
equipment.
The gains of a UD pulley are noticeable on a dyno.
But you won't really "feel" it anyway.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">??? pullies are great mods! You sure as hell feel the difference w/ a UDP...then engine revs much faster and the car feels more spirited off the line! I've got quite a bit of stereo equipment in my trunk the pulley hasnt caused any charging problems.....but take which ever advice you want.

[ 03-27-2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Wedge1212 ]

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hey Wedge, what kind of pulley(s) do you have?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Oh, I also forgot to add that on track days I usually take the subs out, but I'm really worried about day to day driving. I kind of want the pulley for the track but I don't want to get rid of the stereo because my race car is also my daily driver.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I installed a FC 2-piece pulley kit on my ZX3 about a month ago and I could definitely feel the difference. I wouldn't say that it gives you a whole lot of HP. but it does rev up faster. I think it's a great mod for $100.00 or less. I really don't think there's a whole lot of difference except for prices and colors.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ok, I want to get a crank pulley but I don't know which one to get. Also I have a decently big stereo with a couple amps so I need something that will free some horse power but will also keep the alternator spinning quick enough to charge everything. Is there one out there or should I look to different sources for power?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Not yet,a cap is on the to do list.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
should invest in cap. they are cheap, and your car wont be draging your stereo down.

Jon

·
Registered
64 Posts
well, i got a pulley and i didn't feel that much difference...i got only one though, not the whole set...do u feel the difference with the whole set!? how much HP do can u get!?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i got the FC small crank pulley and din't notice a dam thing in performance i'm also running two fosgate 500 watt amps with a 1/2 farad cap and my 12's knock just as hard as they did w/o the pully

·
Registered
406 Posts
A cap will do NO good at 12V. The "Q" or quality of a capacitor at 12V 0Hz will be soo low that it is like having "stray capitance" rather than actually having a cap. Save your money or get a better battery.

[ 03-31-2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: XSquigyX ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts