what up guys?
right now i have:
focus central hood and intake
throttle body
alternator pulley
focus central race header
cat-back
race shifter

with these mods what will help more with 1/4 mile time the focus central 2 piece pully kit, or a diablo chip?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
your car automatic or manual?
if it's automatic, then the chip.

if manual, then i'd say 50/50 pulley or chip.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Tough call, but I would say probably the chip.

If you are interested in a "combo deal" on both, shoot me an email and I'll make you a deal

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
50/50 though call but go ahead and get them both.. trust me you won't regret it.. hook it up!

HOLLA

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
What alternator pulley do you have now and will that work with the FC's crank and water pulleys?

Aside from raise rev limit and remove speed limiter, does the chip do much for a manual?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aem alt. pully and yes it will work with the pully kit.
-andrew

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Do you have a flexpipe? If not, Id get that and finish off the exhaust. If you already do, I personally would get the pulleys, cause at this point in time on my car I dont feel like putting 91 octane in all the time. Its up to you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've never heard that you need 91 octane with a chip..
is this true?
-andrew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i don't have a flexpipe but that is comeing in the winter as a x-mas present to myself with a f/s stealth exauhst
-andrew

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have both the chip and the pulleys. I got the pulleys first and noticed a huge difference on my take off. I have to keep my foot out of the gas to keep wheel spin down.

The chip makes everything run a little bit better. FOr what you have done I would get the pulleys first then the chip.

MY car ran better with 89 octane with the chip before I got the mac intake and pro-m 70mm mass air meter. Now that I have the intake and the mass air meter I have to run 91 or better because if I don't I get a back fire when I am at about 4k rpm's or higher and I give it wide open throttle.

So I always run 91 or better just for the simple fact the car seems to like it now. before I got the mass air meter it ran sluggish with 93.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i've never heard that you need 91 octane with a chip..
is this true?
-andrew
If you read up on the super chip and the diablo chip they both say to run 91 octane or better.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
yes... chips, by nature change the fuel mappings and timing... in order to prevent detonation, you need 91+ octane.

Now... if you wanna run 87... go right ahead. That is if you don't mind the possibility of detonation ruining your engine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have done both within the last 7 days and for the money/performance I would go with the UDP...the chip will be a great upgrade once you get the other stuff done too....Peace

Lox

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was checking out your site and was reading about that delta chip i think i am gunna save up for that i like you can have a 3rd position on the switch on that. i think i am going with the pullies for now thanks guys
-andrew

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Definately-all your basic chips change timing curves and make your engine actually be able to use the increased octane in 91, compared to custom chips that may be set to pull timing in order to prevent deto.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts