Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of the Unorthordox Pulley company (that's all I used when I use to tune Hondas) but for some reason they only make the crank pulley for the Focus.

I've noticed that recently many people have been selling their FC, Ford Racing, FocusSport, pullies and I would be interested but I have one question. Are the the FC, FR, FS pullies just as large as the stock pullies but just at a lighter weight (that's how Unorthroxdox did theirs)? Or are these pullies smaller? Or in some cases are these pullies larger then stock? Or is there a choice?

If anyone can give me an answer I much appriciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Focus Central makes a 2 piece kit, which includes the crank and water pump pulley. They calim the most gains
AFX is the lightest, I believe.
AEM is only the alternator.
The rest are eh, crank pullies w/minor differences in %underdrive. But really, how much are you really going to notice between a 27% underdrive and a 32%underdrive?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess the question I really want answered is...
How big are the pullies (FC,FS,FR) compared to the stock ones? I know they're probably lighter but are they bigger/smaller/ or the same size as the OEM ones...Thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well I guess the question I really want answered is...
How big are the pullies (FC,FS,FR) compared to the stock ones? I know they're probably lighter but are they bigger/smaller/ or the same size as the OEM ones...Thanks!
I have the single pcs FC pullies and it is lighter and smaller than stock. I am not sure about the size diff but it is at least 3 times lighter.
Hope it help

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
i know this doesn't help your direct question but...

AFX has from my own observations freed up the most hp on both Focus Zetecs and ZX2 zetecs.

They are smaller and lighter (not sure of exact size differece).

For my own car, I went from a 16.6 down to a 16.0 with just the af/x.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
does the AFX come with a new belt (if it is needed at all) or do you have to find one...if you have to find one how do u know what size to get? (stupid questions i know..)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I currently have the AFX pulley, i ordered it from new edge performance and it does come with a new belt. It is the lightest and smallest underdrive crank pulley out their and it cant be beat for the price. It added a nice amount of power, and lets the engine rev ALOT easier. I would recommend the afx to anyone looking for an underdrive pulley.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
The FocusSport and Esslinger pullies are both smaller in diameter than the stock.... as is the FocusCentral. The focus central pulley utilizes larger water pump pulley to maintain stock belt lenght.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I currently have the AFX pulley, i ordered it from new edge performance and it does come with a new belt. It is the lightest and smallest underdrive crank pulley out their and it cant be beat for the price. It added a nice amount of power, and lets the engine rev ALOT easier. I would recommend the afx to anyone looking for an underdrive pulley.
Ditto Exactly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts